Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why arent fans allowed to get excited by lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    I just don't see this great fighter, I've seen nothing to suggest it. If anything I feel like the one being trolled by the masses, I feel like Truman.

I wasn't sold at first.

He's not great yet as he's only had 15 or however many fights.

But I think the way he's beat top level guys has beem impressive so far.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I wasn't sold at first.

He's not great yet as he's only had 15 or however many fights.

But I think the way he's beat top level guys has beem impressive so far.
      It's good visuals, the way he makes his opponents reset. What I can't stomach is how I've seen others apply a more consistent/ authoritative offense when they got their opponent out of position, there is this large gap of weak sauce between the solid punches Lomacheno lands and I constantly have to listen to the commentators jizz themselves at the weak sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        And yet how many times you picked against him? Your Linares prediction was spot on.
        Yea I picked against him twice so I’m 1-2 right now.

Salido spanked him Rigo quit and Linares was even until the body shot.

But what’s you’re point the guy is still ridiculously overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          This is the same thing Floyd fans have been asking for years.

As for being excited about Loma, there are 2 different groups of posters that are excited. There are boxing fans-King, kafkod, szef, retro- for example, that love his skill and fighting ability. This IMO is the majority of his fanbase.

Sadly there is a small but very vocal potion of his fanbase-you, CJS, ghostofdempsey, jubei, d4th, and some others-that like him primarily for agenda driven reasons rather than his boxing skill and talent.

You guys are like the portion of Larry Bird's fanbase that liked him for agenda driven reasons rather than his basketball skill and talent.

Can't you keep your agenda away from Loma and like him just for his boxing skill and talent?

As for the names he is called you are smart enough to know this is in response to all the names you and others have called fighters you don't like. It shouldn't trigger you that much especially since you did this kind of stuff for years.
          That's blatantly not true and a very racist assumption which I've came to expect from you. I've been a fan of his since before he even turned professional and have paid to go travel and watch him fighting getting on planes to New York multiple times, Las Vegas and watched him from ringside here in LA. Before he fought for a title, before he appeared on the pound for pound list, before he was pound for pound #1. I'm not going to spend thousands just to push some online "agenda" and I didn't just start showing interest in his career.

You just seem upset that certain people like him and the thing you criticize them for you give others a pass for. You have an agenda and an axe to grind with certain folks who've criticized Mayweather.

Comment

Because he's a tiny little slapper who'd get pummeled in a street fight by a normal sized average Joe. Bring on the big boys and the Dereck Chirosa vs Dillian Whyte fight. Real men of power. I've bedded girls that bang harder than Lomachenko.

Comment

I reject any talk of him as the best fighter in the world
              I don't consider him an ATG
              No amount of excuses will change the fact that the lost to Salido. Only his second fight my ass. Salido was a cherry pick that blew up in Arum's face
              Rigo was a mismatch
              Loma has shown nothing that should make anyone think he could challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his prime

Loma is a good fighter over hyped by Top Rank shills and/or racists desperate for a great white hope. I felt the same way about 97G.

Comment

Don't proclaim someone great when they have ways to go to earn that title. What's the most memorable and best Loma fight, opponent wise? There is none.

By the time he's finished with Crolla, he would've three C level fighters in Linares, Pedraza, and Crolla in his last 3 fights. He also has the Salido loss. What's so great about this? The amateurs... bla bla bla.
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-11-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Don't proclaim someone great when they have ways to go to earn that title. What's the most memorable and best Loma fight, opponent wise? There is none.

By the time he's finished with Crolla, he would've three C level fighters in Linares, Pedraza, and Crolla in his last 3 fights. He also has the Salido loss. What's so great about this? The amateurs... bla bla bla.
                  Why can't some of you just objectively call it as it is, which is normally somewhere in the middle, its always one extreme to another, childish.

Whilst I don't agree with the TS at all (look at my posts) to call Linares C level is idiotic.

GRJ, Martinez, Rigondeaux, Walters, Linares - all world champs, all beaten clear and one sided, 4 of them stopped. And he's done it through 3 weight divisions...

I'm starting to see what the TS is talking about, and it's unfortunate, two extreme sides and no perspective or logic

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Why can't some of you just objectively call it as it is, which is normally somewhere in the middle, its always one extreme to another, childish.

Whilst I don't agree with the TS at all (look at my posts) to call Linares C level is idiotic.

GRJ, Martinez, Rigondeaux, Walters, Linares - all world champs, all beaten clear and one sided, 4 of them stopped. And he's done it through 3 weight divisions...

I'm starting to see what the TS is talking about, and it's unfortunate, two extreme sides and no perspective or logic
                    What's Loma's most defining fight? What has he done? Who is his Canelo, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez?

I was being nice calling Linares a C level. You must be fooled by appearances.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-11-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

The topic starter is a passive aggressive racist and roots against all black American fighters. He is known around here. He shits on all good black boxers and then wants everyone to proclaim his Euros great. He doesn't even like lower divisions, he's supporting Loma just because he's white and Euro.

There's more. Not gonna say more. That context is there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X