Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can see why a lot of property owners don't rent out to Section 8 people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] I can see why a lot of property owners don't rent out to Section 8 people

I never rented to a Section 8 family either. I know a friend and thats his hustle so I guess it depends.

The dude took the easy money from the gov't program. Lesson learned.

Comment

You can make good money if you get a proper management company to closely monitor the home.

Once you see cars on parked on the grass in the front yard, it’s time to call a haunt to the section 8 experiment. Also, be on the look out for bench press equips and rusted free weights on the lawn, lots of pit bulls on heave chains, and lots of cousins staying there.
      Last edited by Zaroku; 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I never rented to a Section 8 family either. I know a friend and thats his hustle so I guess it depends.

The dude took the easy money from the gov't program. Lesson learned.
        Yup it really depends on the person. But I can almost guarantee this guy had a problem with the tenants and the tenants did that on purpose. The same way a lot of people were destroying their homes when the banks foreclosed during the housing crash.

Comment

Rule #1 Nobody is going to treat your home the way you treat it. Do an extensive background check before you rent to anybody. But a house that nice I would've sold or just put it on Air BnB.

I have a friend finishing up his rental property and I told him to look into using Air BnB instead of renting to one person. And the home isn't to far from the Chrysler NA headquarters and GM tech center so he should be able to get some long term stays.

Comment

The last place we were at in Austin had some a few doors down.

It was some city program, I think the city owned the homes.

They weren't too bad, but they had one car minus a motor in the driveway, half covered by a tarp, and they'd have other ricer contraptions there too they'd work on occasionally.

But every night there was a Canelo fight, cars were lined up the street and the Tejano music was audible.

After the fight was over they'd be staggering out to their cars to try and drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

They weren't too bad, but they had one car minus a motor in the driveway, half covered by a tarp, and they'd have other ricer contraptions there too they'd work on occasionally.

But every night there was a Canelo fight, cars were lined up the street and the Tejano music was audible.

After the fight was over they'd be staggering out to their cars to try and drive home.
              I know fools like that, you are lucky they didn’t discharge firearms in the air, or dig up the front yard to make a bbq pit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Why didn't you go watch the fight with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Why didn't you go watch the fight with them?
                  First, I wasnt invited.

Second, I dont spend my time hanging out with drunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    I know fools like that, you are lucky they didn’t discharge firearms in the air, or dig up the front yard to make a bbq pit.
                    Occasionally you'd see one taking a leak on the side of the road.

I really don't miss Austin at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X