Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanchez: If Eddie would've offered DeGale, we would've fought DeGale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Sanchez guy talks to much **** + Eddie don't care for DeGale & Selby since those guys are Haymon guys he can't fully control...

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Loeffler did ask about DeGale, he referenced in his sit down with Steve Kim.

Currently DeGale is asking for $5mill vs Jack, which is why that fight is being delayed. That's more money than Brook is guaranteed (~$3mill).

If DeGale continues to price himself out of the Jack fight, and Brook/Golovkin turns out to be a huge success in the UK, we could get DeGale/Golovkin in December. Loeffler has already mentioned that they could be returning to the UK in December due to the limited budget at HBO. The WBA will likley order Golovkin/Jacobs on September 12th after they've both fought, but I could see a delayed agreement happen b/c there's no way they'll be able to do a US ppv in December. With BJS looking likely for Canelo, it'll come down to Eubank or DeGale after Jacobs.
      Thanks I'm going to try and see if I can find that interview

I'm pretty sure I saw a interview from HEARN saying that Degeale was never discussed though , that it went straight from Eubank to Kell

Comment

Would have much rather a DeGale fight than a Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Thanks I'm going to try and see if I can find that interview

I'm pretty sure I saw a interview from HEARN saying that Degeale was never discussed though , that it went straight from Eubank to Kell
          Because he's making stuff up again. This is the interview with Kim right after the fight was signed. Loeffler said Eddie told him it doesn't look like the Eubank Jr fight will happen so he's going to ask Kell. Kell said yes and they made the deal in 48 hours. Hearn said he was having issues making the Vargas vs. Brook fight so he went to Kell. Hearn admitted he was going to lose money on the Brook vs. Vargas fight but the Eubank Jr. vs. Golovkin fight will make up for his losses. Hearn never had any intention of making the Brook vs. Vargas fight unless he could get Eubank Jr vs. GGG done. That's why he pushed the Vargas vs. Brook fight back. DeGale was never mentioned. Hearn and Loeffler never mentioned Degale. Sanchez just said in this video that DeGale wasn't offered. I've also never heard of DeGale asking for $5 mil to fight Jack. Eastcoast has me on ignore but he takes me off ignore to respond to this post

Comment

Degale would take the fight for that kind of money

But Hearn is cashing Brook out, he's made no money off him

Degale is a much more bigger name here than Brook.
            Last edited by FrankieBruno; 07-24-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

DeGale/Jack have til September to get made, otherwise the WBC will mandate Jack to fight Callum Smith. At that point DeGale will have lost out on his big money fight for the year and the chance of a Golovkin/DeGale fight goes up.

I can't believe DeGale is asking for $5mill, even $3mill is too high. He made a tad over $1.5mill vs Dirrell and then $2mill vs Bute. Maybe it's because he wanted to fight in the UK and Haymon/Jack want it in Vegas? I think his next fight is the last fight of his contract with Eddie Hearn, who's really only been co-promoting him with his fights being in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Because he's making stuff up again. This is the interview with Kim right after the fight was signed. Loeffler said Eddie told him it doesn't look like the Eubank Jr fight will happen so he's going to ask Kell. Kell said yes and they made the deal in 48 hours. Hearn said he was having issues making the Vargas vs. Brook fight so he went to Kell. Hearn admitted he was going to lose money on the Brook vs. Vargas fight but the Eubank Jr. vs. Golovkin fight will make up for his losses. Hearn never had any intention of making the Brook vs. Vargas fight unless he could get Eubank Jr vs. GGG done. That's why he pushed the Vargas vs. Brook fight back. DeGale was never mentioned. Hearn and Loeffler never mentioned Degale. Sanchez just said in this video that DeGale wasn't offered. I've also never heard of DeGale asking for $5 mil to fight Jack. Eastcoast has me on ignore but he takes me off ignore to respond to this post

Thanks man for the vid, check it out in a bit

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                DeGale/Jack have til September to get made, otherwise the WBC will mandate Jack to fight Callum Smith. At that point DeGale will have lost out on his big money fight for the year and the chance of a Golovkin/DeGale fight goes up.

I can't believe DeGale is asking for $5mill, even $3mill is too high. He made a tad over $1.5mill vs Dirrell and then $2mill vs Bute. Maybe it's because he wanted to fight in the UK and Haymon/Jack want it in Vegas? I think his next fight is the last fight of his contract with Eddie Hearn, who's really only been co-promoting him with his fights being in the US.
                I don't know about that, I saw a Degeale interview and he said that Haymon was on board for the Jack fight to be in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Thanks man for the vid, check it out in a bit

I don't know about that, I saw a Degeale interview and he said that Haymon was on board for the Jack fight to be in the UK
                  Around 31:30 Tom says DeGale hasn't agreed to fight Golovkin.

The last interview I've seen DeGale have was on June 7th, where he said he was willing to fight Golovkin and it doesn't look likely that the Jack fight would be in the UK. I think if Haymon wants the fight in Jack's backyard of Vegas (maybe favor to Floyd), that DeGale is pushing for the big money?

“Golovkin, if you look at his wins, there’s no one there I wouldn’t beat. There are no elite fighters there. He hasn’t fought the Cottos, the Canelos of this world. He hasn’t really boxed anyone,” he told Boxing News.

“He’s a very, very good fighter. I remember as an amateur he was very good then as well [Golovkin won silver at the 2004 Olympic Games], but he hasn’t boxed anyone yet. I swear to God, I’m willing to fight him.”

To date, Golovkin’s best wins are over the likes of David Lemieux and Martin Murray, though the WBA, IBF and WBC ruler is viewed by most as the best at 160.

The 34-year-old is currently in talks for a fight with Mexican sensation Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, but news on that front has dried up.

His lack of a marquee opponent is not due to a lack of trying, as ‘GGG’ has actively pursued the best around. He was last out in April when he swatted aside mandatory challenger Dominic Wade in two rounds.

“I won’t be one of these fighters who are beaten before they get in the ring, because a lot of them are. They take a shot, they fall on the ground, and they look for a way out,” DeGale continued.

“It’ll be interesting if he comes up. He’s not a massive middleweight anyway. He’s not boxed anyone with a style like mine, either.”

Any potential fight between DeGale and Golokvin would not happen right away however as DeGale is set for a unification clash with WBC super-middleweight champion Badou Jack in September.

DeGale is eager to have that fight take place in London, his home city, though feels at this stage it is more likely to happen in America, where Swedish-born Jack is based.

“If I’m being honest, I don’t think it’ll be over here [in the UK], just based on what I’m hearing so far,” he revealed.

“Hopefully it can be over here, but I haven’t got 100% confidence it will be. I don’t mind going to America. It’s a pretty big fight, so I’m sure Al [Haymon, his adviser] will put on a big show for it.”

Jack retained his title after drawing with former DeGale victim Lucian Bute on the same show James fought Medina on, however Bute failed a post-fight drug test.

DeGale, who is currently ticking over in the gym and hopes to box in December after facing Jack, feels stringent testing around a fight is a necessity.
                  http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...-middleweight/

At anyrate, I'm hopeful that if Brook/Golovkin does well revenue-wise, we could get DeGale/Golovkin next. Especially if DeGale/Jack isn't made by September.

Comment

The Brook vs. Vargas fight was further along than the DeGale vs. Jack fight and DeGale would've accepted the fight for the same amount of money with the PPV 80% as Brook was offered. Once again. Loeffler and Hearn both say the fight was offered to Brook. Degale wasn't even a factor. Hearn was never letting Brook fight Vargas without the GGG vs Eubank Jr fight. He said himself he was losing money on that fight and the GGG vs. Eubank Jr fight would make up for his loss. That's why he pushed the Brook v. Vargas fight back in favor of the GGG vs. Eubank Jr fight.

Comment

degale apparently wants 2 million dollars to face jack so that fight isn't happening. he doesn't realize haymon has no money?

Comment

Working...
                      X