No announcement yet.

Lack of Love for Alvarez Among Mexican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    is it because his boxing is far removed from the traditional Mexican style?
    Dude, why are you posting such silly stuff? He's got a whole country supporting him like Pacquaio and they won't ever turn their back on their native son.

Chavez Jr. was the fraud/bum, all he had was the name. Canelo is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Candelita better put that lipstick and dress on to look good for da crowd tomorrow night.
      Says the Tim Bradley knob slobber, . You're the biggest doofus on this site. I bet you're from the high desert. You ******s are always about 10 years behind the rest of the world. I bet Ed Hardy clothing and True Religion jeans are just becoming popular there, huh?

Comment

Mexican women love him tho, but those hardcord Mexican fans don't really like him

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Real mexican boxing fans don't like Canelo....only overcompensating pocho **** like Canelo...and the sheep who just root for famous guys obviously, but those are even worse than casuals.

I was kinda neutral about Canelo because when he had insane hype, it was not his fault but the TV network that hyped him here in Mexico's fault...though i've always believed one of the reasons he was being succesful was that he was much stronger than his opponents.
          Most boxers here were never really that critical of him but were trying to be realists and said he was good but not yet at the level his TV network was hyping him to be and that he still had time to develop. It was only when the WBC gifted him a belt vs Hatton that most boxers let it be known that the hype was just too much.....it was completely outrageous. Canelo had carried himself as a humble guy up to that point but he was threatening to fight anyone who had a problem with him vs Hatton being for a belt, including Marquez. That's when I got my confirmation that Canelo was just an act and the fame had gotten to him.

He gained respect and validity when he beat Trout, but lost it immediatly when he failed to win a round vs Mayweather and the people who disliked him got their confirmation that Canelo was just a media creation. His support took a huge hit after that in Mexico.

He regained some of the hype with the highlight KO of Kirkland, but then the Mexican broadcast team called the Cotto fight very harshly against Canelo and said he got a gift, and people who don't know boxing(which includes most people who follow it) ate that up. Add the obvious duck of Golovkin and you get why Canelo has a bad name in Mexico among people who actually follow the sport.

This is why Canelo does much more media in the states nowand very little in Mexico. Up there he didnt have as much hype and then Showtime babied him in their call of the Mayweather fight....plus the pocho audience overcompansates when it comes to anything mexican, so they still have their panties wet for him.
          I always felt canelo was built up bigger and better than what he really is.....he's a good fighter but he's not special like a Chavez snr or morales ...btw who wins the race in your signature pic ? My money is on the bear lol

Comment

Plenty of Mexican fighters have worked hard, and I believe they perceive that he became the golden goose because he was born with pale skin and red hair.

Comment

You'd think someone who is a big PPV star that'd he'd at the very least try to learn English I mean he is living in a country which predominately speaks English and guys like Lara, Golovkin and many other foreigners learn it what's holding his ass up about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
                Says the Tim Bradley knob slobber, . You're the biggest doofus on this site. I bet you're from the high desert. You ******s are always about 10 years behind the rest of the world. I bet Ed Hardy clothing and True Religion jeans are just becoming popular there, huh?
                Bradley is willing to fight big punchers unlike Canela.

Comment

I think it's more the business side they don't know or understand.

No offense, but traditionally mexicans were not the best business men, they fought everybody one after another, anywhere, anytime, and sometimes for peanuts, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

This new breed is focused on dollar signs and longevity, which is conservative and cautious. Doesn't mesh well with the whole macho bravado fanbase.

I do think if, a very big if, canelo beats ggg, most would convert. Many felt mexicans didn't like oscar because he was mex-ameri, or he because he beat jcc, but I think it was more the pretty boy marketing that violates the code of this fanbase. I noticed a lot changed after the tito fight in which most fan felt oscar actually won. Kind of redeemed himself after the sweat p gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Bradley is willing to fight big punchers unlike Canela.
                    Kirkland and angulo were supposed to decapitate him. I think his power is overrated, but outside of ggg, u can debate his power with anyone at his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                      You'd think someone who is a big PPV star that'd he'd at the very least try to learn English I mean he is living in a country which predominately speaks English and guys like Lara, Golovkin and many other foreigners learn it what's holding his ass up about it?
                      No disrespect, but who cares. There's no language requirements and the fact that he can be such a big ppv star without speaking English speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
                      X