Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd never grown up but "moved up" divisions, explain why...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You take pleasure in getting owned?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      1) He couldn't make the weight (144) for the marquez fight?
      2) He couldn't fight again at 140 after moving to 147?

Facts show that Floyd moved up because he wasn't able to fight in smaller weights anymore. His body grown.

The only moment when he moved up was the times he fought at 154, and he never fought at 154 against elite opposition. He was a paper champ at 154.

It's like GGG going to 168 to fight Chavez Jr or Froch. Mayweather didn't fight the best names at 154, avoided Lara for example. So when you Floyd fans say that GGG isn't willing to move up for greatness, I let you know that your idol didn't move up for greatness either. He never took the risk.

Now that I have educated some of you, I go to party.

The only time he ever talked about having a hard time making weight was at 130. He moved to 135 and JLC had 10 pounds on him at fight night. 138 vs 148.

He has been around 150 for the last decade regardless of fighting at 147 or 154. The fact is he is a small welterweight and JMM is the only opponent to weigh less than him probably since 130 pounds. Even Zab judah weighed more than him on fight night.

Vs JMM, he never even tried to weigh in a second time. He just paid the agreed upon fine. Saying he cant cut 6 pounds from his normal fight night weight is a joke. He could, he just doesnt want to. He could fight at 140, he just doesnt have to. Hes the big draw now, he doesnt have to drain himself to get down there. Realize that there are a lot of guys at 140, such as Hatton, that routinely weigh more on fight night than mayweather has as a welterweight, then you will see how stupid your comments were.

Comment

I stopped reading at Lara.

Comment

Floyd doesn't dehydrate himself, he makes weight by actually moving down to the weight, lean muscle wise. Tries to get as close as possible.

From Mayweather's own mouth "I'm moving up to 135 because I can no longer make 130" another, "I feel much stronger and faster at 140 than 135 because I'm not draining myself"

Mayweather at 147, can't make the 143 catchweight.

Comment

You're going to lose this arguement because a lot of people believe Floyd's fight night weights which anybody with a brain know are not true.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              You're going to lose this arguement because a lot of people believe Floyd's fight night weights which anybody with a brain know are not true.
              So Floyd has been lying about his fight night weight for decades, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Floyd doesn't dehydrate himself, he makes weight by actually moving down to the weight, lean muscle wise. Tries to get as close as possible.

From Mayweather's own mouth "I'm moving up to 135 because I can no longer make 130" another, "I feel much stronger and faster at 140 than 135 because I'm not draining myself"

Mayweather at 147, can't make the 143 catchweight.
                He was coming off a 2 year layoff...meaning he hadn't made 147 in 2 years. But let's ignore that. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  He was coming off a 2 year layoff...meaning he hadn't made 147 in 2 years. But let's ignore that. Right?
                  But isn't 147 Floyds walk around weight? mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    So Floyd has been lying about his fight night weight for decades, huh?
                    Not sure if for decades, but lately for sure: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=690943

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      But isn't 147 Floyds walk around weight? mmmmmm
                      It may be when he's in fighting shape. But no1 stays in fighting shape after 2 years out of the ring. Common sense. Let's try not to think too hard. This is boxing, act like you know the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X