Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather should fight Danny Garcia - going by the logic some are using for why...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
    How? Garcia already beat up Khan! How on earth does one then state that Khan has a better chance than Garcia? Especially after Khan just struggled against Algieri?
    Boxing does not work like that! A beat B has no (or little) bearing on how either does against C.

Comment

If Floyd is even just halfway focused/sharp for the fight, then it would be f**king impossible for Danny to even win one round. I mean Floyd would have to literally doze off and fall asleep for Danny to win a round. Danny's too f**king slow...if y'all thought Manny's 80 punches landed or whatever was low, then just wait til you see DG's punch stats.

He'll break compubox records.

Comment

If it isn't Thurman or Brook ( simply because he holds a strap ) and Cottos isn't a possibility

Then It should be Garcia over Khan

- Khan hasn't faced a threat since he got knocked the f.u.ck out by Garcia
        - Garcia has cleaned out his DIV
        - #1 at 140
        - Headlined 4 times at Barclays ( Drew more then Khan )
        - Had higher #s on Showtime then Khan ( Garcia/ Salka highest 2014 sho event)
        - Just did 3.4 million on NBC compared to 1.12 for Khan on Spike
        - Angel would sell the fight
        - Dannys probably more popular in the states

Does Garcia get shut out easy, probably but he's earned the fight. What does Khan offer

- UK PPV ?
        - Pakistan & Dubai TV rights
        - Fading popularity
        - The chance of him giving Mayweather a tough fight

Comment

I don't ever recall Garcia being interested in the fight and he's never fought at 147.

Comment

Garcia would definitely be a better choice than Khan.

Comment

Danny loses a lop sided decision. Khan gets knocked out.

Comment

the Swift haters would jump all on his jock IF he Swift Hooked Floyd to sleep....all of you disrespecting the young gun would be happy Floyd got iced by a far less superior boxer....that said, Floyd boxes my boy's ears off but no shame in that...Floyd is the BEST of his era....so taking a "L" to a ATG won't hurt Swift at all

Comment

Has Danny's August fight been confirmed? If not, then he's probably on Floyd's short list.

Comment

I like Swift, I like Khan - neither of them can touch Floyd (nor can Brook or 1 Time) - this decision will be purely economic.

1 fact is that many people dislike Khan for non boxing reasons - which is ridiculous.

Comment

Here's the thing about Garcia I am a fan of, he finds a way to win even when the other guy looks like he has him outgunned because Garcia adapts. He might not have elite skills, but Garcia is a very good tactician in the ring who adapts to his opponent mid fight about as well as anyone in the sport not named Mayweather. He finds a way to win.

And he'd take a fight with Mayweather in a split second, $$$.

Comment

Working...
                      X