Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of a sudden Adonis v Kovalev isn't a worthwhile fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of a sudden Adonis v Kovalev isn't a worthwhile fight?

This is a new low for NSB. Regardless of which fighters/styles you like this was a matchup many wanted to see. And now that Adonis has made the Haymon move we have people saying this fight was nothing special. WTF? Is this how your twisted fanboy minds work?

Neither of these guys are world beaters. They are high-energy punchers with big time power that are fun to watch... and were supposed to get it on in a unification belt. Now people are going to act like this was a bad fight?

Sure Hopkins v Adonis is great but that doesnt mean adonis v Kov should not also happen.

Seriously F these fans that support networks and promoters over supporting big fights. Dont you realize that ALL the promoters, networks and fighters themselves are seeking to eliminate risk from this sport? And you are helping them! Its not about choosing sides, its about wanting to see the best in the ring with each other.
    Last edited by WilkinsOlajuwon; 03-26-2014, 03:49 PM.

good point wilkins , friend request sent.

Comment

Great thread but you forget OP, it is a business move which benefits posters in this forum since they get a percentage of that business deal. You forget that this forum is full of business men who follow the sport for the excitement of negotiations. The fights are nothing compared to the thrill of a lustful business move.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Neither of these guys are world beaters.
        They aren't? they seem impressive to me, combined record of 46 fights with 41 KOs (89%). They're viewed as the best in the division and I'd say that's part of the reason the fight holds so much intrigue and why fans are so angry.

Comment

This is a new low for NSB. Regardless of which fighters/styles you like this was a matchup many wanted to see. And now that Adonis has made the Haymon move we have people saying this fight was nothing special. WTF? Is this how your twisted fanboy minds work?

Neither of these guys are world beaters. They are high-energy punchers with big time power that are fun to watch... and were supposed to get it on in a unification belt. Now people are going to act like this was a bad fight?

Sure Hopkins v Adonis is great but that doesnt mean adonis v Kov should not also happen.

Seriously F these fans that support networks and promoters over supporting big fights. Dont you realize that ALL the promoters, networks and fighters themselves are seeking to eliminate risk from this sport? And you are helping them! Its not about choosing sides, its about wanting to see the best in the ring with each other.
          exactly, in what universe is kovalev the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Great thread but you forget OP, it is a business move which benefits posters in this forum since they get a percentage of that business deal. You forget that this forum is full of business men who follow the sport for the excitement of negotiations. The fights are nothing compared to the thrill of a lustful business move.
            What? Do you actually believe this?

Comment

Great post.

I'm sick of people siding with networks and promotion companies, it's a joke.

And why do people on here care so much about how much fighters get paid? Just stfu about this money BS and demand the best fights.

Comment

i would rather see stevenson-fonfarra and then see him wait around for awhile until a big fight comes along. to me that is pure boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  exactly, in what universe is kovalev the best?
                  I don't know if he's the best -- because something like this must be proven into the ring...

But in this universe I can see that B-Hop doesn't fight Kov in order to fight Murat; Adonis doesn't fight Kov in order to fight Fonfara; and no other LHW fighter doesn't call him... Not to mention Andre Ward who, every time he wakes up, doesn't forget to call Golovkin, but never heard about this "easy win" Frankenstein...

Comment

And now that Adonis has made the Haymon move we have people saying this fight was nothing special. WTF? Is this how your twisted fanboy minds work?
                    I haven't heard anyone say that. Post specific examples.

Comment

Working...
                    X