Collapse
No announcement yet.

To my older posters,when did you stop partying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the last 6 years partying a pretty crazy amount, and I'm on my 5th yr of college partially cuz of that. i don't regret a thing. It helped me find out who I was and really get comfortable in my skin. But I do notice that "the hunt" is not as exciting as it used to be at 23

Comment

im 22 and im already tired of the club scene. Honestly, ive slowed down my drinking a lot because ive gained so much weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        im 22 and im already tired of the club scene. Honestly, ive slowed down my drinking a lot because ive gained so much weight.
        Eating too much food mate.

Comment

On n off again. Some weeks I go overboard and then I stop partying for some months. I go into hibernation mode. During that time all I do is work, workout n chill with the girl once or twice a week. Sucks getting old really

Comment

I stopped partying and binge drinking at age 32 or so. I just couldn't deal with the hangovers anymore. I do attend social events but the parties are a little more subdued than of yesteryear. I go to bars once in awhile but only consume a couple of drinks. I haven't been really drunk in almost 2 years...

Comment

With me it was more of a being in the scene because thats where you could hustle, make great money, make connections and then eventually everyone thats close to you that matters is starting a family, a home, and you or at least I, realized I wanted that too. Fast money leaves quickly I mean I have a great savings account due to me saving but at the same time I know I should have a whole lot more than I saved.

Comment

I'm on the live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse schedule, I be thinking.

Yeah, it is sad to say. I try to clean up my act. But, then I compensate by binge drinking some more.

But, as I near the big 3 0, I am getting sick of partying a little bit.

However, running with females, or potentially doing so, is what keeps me in the party mood.

Comment

I used to party really hard for about 20 years. i stopped cuz i had horrible hangovers, got sick of the destructive lifestyle, i was going downhill. That was @ 34. i'm a lot happier now. I could hold down jobs, (also got better ones), everything improved. Health, relationships, jobs, cars, friendships...etc.

But i did have an awful lot of fun before i started my decline. I was lucky to get out in one piece, with the sanity i do have left. I lived life both sides of the fence. I like this one much better. Don't really have many regrets. I don't miss it either. Been sober 23 years now. i even quit smoking cigs.

Quitting cigs was probably the hardest thing i ever had to quit. I tried around 15 times, before i stopped drinking and drugging. I used the patch.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by 'partying', I suppose.

If you mean going to clubs where everybody is horny, easy, and obnoxious, then I stopped doing that a few years ago. I just couldn't deal with all of the douchebags with Napoloen complexes that wanted to start **** and the slutty females who I knew I couldn't count on any kind of future with beyond tomorrow.

If you mean general drinking, experimenting with drugs, and chilling with a small group of unquestionable friends then I haven't stopped yet.

Comment

^

Amen.

Comment

Working...
                      X