Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for for new forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you understand what you wrote Sully? Makes no sense at all.

Wmute: it's a good idea but hard to go about.

Sully, I hope you're not suggesting that the appropriate term is 'I could care less' instead of I couldn't care less? When you think about it properly, as English was meant to be used, I could care less really means that you actually care about something and that it's possible for you to care less. You use I couldn't care less to show that you have reached the rock bottom of caring and there is no way of possibly caring any less about something than you already do.
    Last edited by BennyST; 05-13-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.
      Er, no. You're flat out wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I don't think they'll create a new forum, but if there are no objections from the other mods I'll create threads for the big fights and just delete all trolling and bait posts, putting repeated offenders on ignored. I just need the regulars not to respond to it. Hit up ban stick, reed or boxingscene (the mod) about your idea though, they would be of more assistance than myself and maybe they'll create that forum if its possible. I know there is alot of interest in it from serious posters not only in this section but NSB as well.
        Can we create threads on a new fight we just saw or would you only be able to start one? I like talking about newer fights here sometimes, but don't often get too many responses when I do. I mean, I know this is boxing history, but whether it happened years ago or yesterday, it's still the past, which makes it history, so I don't see why we couldn't start threads about newer fights, big or not. Like maybe something about a fight that just happened or a new star in the sport or any up and coming prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Can we create threads on a new fight we just saw or would you only be able to start one? I like talking about newer fights here sometimes, but don't often get too many responses when I do. I mean, I know this is boxing history, but whether it happened years ago or yesterday, it's still the past, which makes it history, so I don't see why we couldn't start threads about newer fights, big or not. Like maybe something about a fight that just happened or a new star in the sport or any up and coming prospects.
          I think we should save the random threads for NSB and the "history today" thread. I think our regulars would agree we don't want to attract any more trolls than we have to. I'll be PM'ing other mods tomorrow to get their opinions and advice on some of the ideas being suggested. Would have done it already but my weekends are crazy hectic with work. I have 45hrs in just the last 3 days.

Comment

I lurk in this section quite a bit to learn and occasionally contribute on fighters or eras where I feel I have something to add to the conversation. That being said, I also love arguing in NSB about anything.

Really outside of Pac/May/Khan the threads about up and coming fighters aren't heavily viewed and the only people contributing are people who have watched the fighters quite a bit or are curious about them. If you ignore the typical NSB stuff you can find yourself in a good discussions about pretty much anyone that isn't an "A-lister."
            Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 05-14-2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

I don't think a new forum would stop all the Mayweather and current fighter threads. There are three Mayweather threads on the first page alone now. It is looking like the Nonstop boxing section lately. I think setting up a few new rules would have a better result.

Comment

I would like to back my initial idea again after reading comments. I think that

1) In general we want BH to be about fighters from the past (as the tile suggest).

2) Many of us (and I can see that from the number of posts in the Mayweather threads "polluting" the first page of BH) would like to discuss current events with the people in BH. The reason for that is that -to put it bluntly- NSB is populated by idiots and/or people who started watching boxing in the last 5 years.

IF it is feasible to create a new forum with limited access, where the limits are based on some user statistics, then it should be possible to make the requirement some thing like "at least 100 posts in BH". Then we have a new forum where we can discuss current events without the NSB-oinly people, that can't be too bad, can it?

Comment

It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.
                  See all this? This is the opposite of correct.

Also, I don't think we need much more than the History Today thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    See all this? This is the opposite of correct.
                    as your argument for rating jack johnson lower is quite valid, i personally look up to him as a hero and Im sorry but i couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do.

Comment

as your argument for rating jack johnson lower is quite valid, i personally look up to him as a hero and Im sorry but i couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do.
                      Okay, that's great. It's still "I couldn't care less."

Comment

Working...
                      X