Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer help, anyone an expert on Computers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
    I'm not computer expert (far from it). I'm just saying what i experienced personally. You may be experiencing something totally different.

Have you not got an old monitor laying around you can use to test it on? If the monitor also has the same problem you can rule the monitor out as the problem.
    I do know that my samsung has a burned line into it where the toolbar is at. It's a small line, but I think thats because I leave my computer on alot and that probably burnt into the lcd screen right? I don't think its just plasma that have burned problems with stuff like that. It's not big of a deal. I only notice the line when I play a pc game and its a light line.

Comment

Still haven't found a fix for Windows 7 crashing when playing video files off vlc media player, youtube, and yahoo video. Right now, I'm on Hackintosh Snow Leopard 10.6.6i part of my harddrive because I'm so frustrated with how stupid Windows 7 is. Microsoft can go eat a dick, they probably already do.

I did that driver finder program, and it didn't fix my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        Still haven't found a fix for Windows 7 crashing when playing video files off vlc media player, youtube, and yahoo video. Right now, I'm on Hackintosh Snow Leopard 10.6.6i part of my harddrive because I'm so frustrated with how stupid Windows 7 is. Microsoft can go eat a dick, they probably already do.

I did that driver finder program, and it didn't fix my problem.
        Must be something wrong with your computer cause I don't have that problem? Got the latest adobe flash player/plugin?

Comment

Is it a bootleg copy of Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            Is it a bootleg copy of Windows?
            No, but I reinstalled Windows and didn't do all the updates. Because I'm paranoid one of the updates is messing with something even tho my copy of Windows is legit. Now everything is working.

Comment

You know what I think was causing the problems? I think one of the optional downloads from Windows was causing the problems. I think it may have been the option samsung monitor driver I kept downloading. I think it has flaws. So I did not download that driver from Windows this time. I don't even know the point of the samsung monitor driver since my monitor appears to be running fine.

I could be wrong tho, I haven't ran any video files just yet. So, maybe I should try stuff out before accusing samsung/windows driver updates.

Comment

interesting. there are many people on google complaining about the same problem with windows update. go figure.
                you don't really need a monitor driver if it works fine with the default driver. default drivers are usually well tested, and very stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                  interesting. there are many people on google complaining about the same problem with windows update. go figure.
                  you don't really need a monitor driver if it works fine with the default driver. default drivers are usually well tested, and very stable.
                  HAHAHA, I think it is this. I've run a couple youtube videos, vlc media player, yahoo video and so far it's good. I'm hoping I don't run into stupid crashes anymore. I know the Samsung monitor driver was optional but I'm sure there's alot of ppl like me who download optional stuff from the windows update. Now, I have to worry about what I update on Windows Update even with a legit copy of Windows.

Comment

Working...
                  X