Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana: "It's Time To Bring Fedor To See Lesnar Smash Him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the article says fedor got paid 400k for saturday fight. i know thats not everything but thats not a bad pay day. if only the ufc/m-1 could have worked out something. i would say that the ufc offered him at least 600k per fight. anyone have any idea what the ufc offered him?

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie7731 View Post
      the article says fedor got paid 400k for saturday fight. i know thats not everything but thats not a bad pay day. if only the ufc/m-1 could have worked out something. i would say that the ufc offered him at least 600k per fight. anyone have any idea what the ufc offered him?
      UFC offered him well over a 1mil per fight

its not about the money with fedor. at first the ufc wouldn't let him compete in Sambo competitions, which was a non-starter for Fedor. they relented on that demand, but since Fedor is still contractually obligated to M-1 for 2 more fights, they wont sign a UFC that doesn't co-promote

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
        I don't think Rogers ever hurt Fedor. Except the sweep on Fedor's kimura attempt and Roger's 5 seconds GNP, Fedor was controlling the fight, had much less trouble than he did against Mark Hunt.

White says that Lesnar, Velazquez and Mir would kill Rogers. I agree for Lesnar and Velazquez but Mir is ****in overrated, he got killed by Vera and Freeman. A Rogers VS Mir match up would be closer. What i would like to see is Kongo VS Fedor. THe best striker in the UFC against the top Heavyweight fighter of the world.
        Idk Velasquez has a questionable chin (Kongo fight), and Rogers has power so...its up for grabs. Standing Rogers vs Lesnar would be a good fight, on the ground, Lesnar easy. Mir could maybe sub Rogers but would probably be KOed before he would get a chance. Kongo is also nowhere near the best striker in the UFC.

Fedor was not controlling the fight, momentum shifted at times, but Fedor had the most control out of the two but he did not control the fight in the sense of dominating.

Comment

Originally posted by StillUnknown View Post
          UFC offered him well over a 1mil per fight

its not about the money with fedor. at first the ufc wouldn't let him compete in Sambo competitions, which was a non-starter for Fedor. they relented on that demand, but since Fedor is still contractually obligated to M-1 for 2 more fights, they wont sign a UFC that doesn't co-promote
          He's obligated to Strikeforce, he only pushed for M-1 because he has part ownership of the promotion, at least that seems to be the reason.

Comment

I think Lesnar would beat Fedor.

Comment

Is Dana White an MMA fan first or a businessman? Seems to me if he was really that big of an MMA fan and really thought his UFC HWs would crush Fedor, he'd make a one-man exception for Fedor to co-promote with M-1 if for no other reason then to embarrass Fedor and Strikeforce.

If he was to make an exception for Fedor, what are the odds he's going to have to make another one down the line? At this point, it seems like most of the top MMA talent is going to gravitate towards UFC, the dominant organization, anyway.

I suspect Dana is worried that Fedor would beat Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez, which would prove that the UFC does not have the top talent in the world in every division and give Strikeforce a foothold to compete with the UFC. This is probably the ultimate deal-breaker, which sucks for the MMA fans of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by nela View Post
                Is Dana White an MMA fan first or a businessman? Seems to me if he was really that big of an MMA fan and really thought his UFC HWs would crush Fedor, he'd make a one-man exception for Fedor to co-promote with M-1 if for no other reason then to embarrass Fedor and Strikeforce.

If he was to make an exception for Fedor, what are the odds he's going to have to make another one down the line? At this point, it seems like most of the top MMA talent is going to gravitate towards UFC, the dominant organization, anyway.

I suspect Dana is worried that Fedor would beat Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez, which would prove that the UFC does not have the top talent in the world in every division and give Strikeforce a foothold to compete with the UFC. This is probably the ultimate deal-breaker, which sucks for the MMA fans of the world.
                Don't get it twisted, he's a businessman first.

Comment

mir didnt lose to wes sims. wes sims decided to stomp on his head while also holding onto the cage. both of which are illegal in the ufc.

Comment

The funniest thing is that if Dana signed Fedor tomorrow you'd hear him say that Fedor is the best figther in the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
                      Wes Sims beat Mir. And Couture is great no doubt, but he is a small heavyweight, and at 46, he is no where near as he was in his prime. And yeah, Herring is definitely solid, but as you said he's past it and Fedor bulldozed through him when Herring was THE top contender in the HW division.
                      wes sims never beat mir u tosser

Comment

Working...
                      X