No announcement yet.

Shin Splints Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I get it all the time. You gotta take time off. I got shin splints real bad one time. It was to the point where I couldn't even put weight on my right leg and foot to throw a power punch.

One thing that helps a little bit is rotating your foot, that strecthes your shins a bit.
    Its a painful injury, I've had it and tried different shoes, stepping lightly while running and so on and it only gets worse, taking time off, maybe two weeks, stretching with icy hot and pacing your work seems to be the answer.

Comment

hey i had trouble with shin splits and i found this helped me a lot to get rid of them. When doing some leg exercises, sit and pull your leg towards you by grabbing from the thigh. With the rest of the leg in the air, move your foot in a circular motion, as if your toe was a pencil and you were drawing circles. See how many you can do, and eventually work your way up. this will strengthen your leg and reduce the splits

Comment

Try walking on your heals after doing any kind of impact training on your legs. It helps a ton!

Comment

Originally posted by sammyishere1 View Post
          I've been having pains from my left shin/calf in training recently, especially when I skipping and run.
          I have been icing it and avoiding running on hard surfaces, however I still have some pain.
          Anyone have good recommendations for treating it?
          I've been having the same problem for about 2 wks. I rest it out and start again.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had shin splints. A decent amount of people on my track team complain about it a lot but I doubt they have it. I've heard shin splints are like getting your shin sawed into with tiny saws. So if I do have lower leg pain I work through it and it goes away in a day or so.

Comment

Working...
            X