Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in the greatest producers thread...how come no one brought up Havoc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the greatest producers thread...how come no one brought up Havoc?

listen to his slammin, raw new york sound....is classic

and he did this throughout mobb deeps discography...

havoc is very underrated as a rapper and a producer...

Because they are stupid havoc is one of the greatest ever

Comment

havoc was mentioned in like 2 of the first 4-5 posts..........

Comment

Havoc was in my list. I have him top 10 no doubt. He was in a few lists actually.

Comment

Havoc is top 3 to me, easily...lets not act like he didnt produce the entire hell on earth album. And while you can make the argument that Prodigy fell off, Havoc is still just as sharp as ever.

Comment

I mean, there's a lot of Producers you have to put over havoc based on their catalog and what they've meant over all to Hip Hop music.

Three off the top I put over Havoc any day of the week (and it's not a diss towards Havoc either)

DJ Premier
            Pete Rock
            Dr Dre

Those 3 guys each fathered a style that people went on to carry from there. Listen to a lot of Premier and Pete Rock's early work and then listen years later to what the late 90s - early 2000s sounded like (i.e. Rawkus / Indy explosion).

It comes down to who you perfer, but for me...I'll take Dilla or Buckwild over Havoc anyday.

Comment

I dont see how Pete Rock has made that much more of an impact on the mainstream then Havoc has

Comment

Originally posted by $onny View Post
                I dont see how Pete Rock has made that much more of an impact on the mainstream then Havoc has
                If you are 22 yrs old, then you probably wouldn't remember how BIG T.R.O.Y. (They remenisce Over You) was in NY and over all in Hip Hop at the time, he had a Sprite commercial before most rappers had ANY endorsement deals on that level, worked with the likes of Nas, House of Pain, Heavy D (his cousin), Ghostface, Jim Jones as of recent, the list goes on.

Havoc's (production wise) biggest hits were Shook Ones II, Its Mine, and Quiet Storm. But he hasn't had this big mainstream success (not that he needs it anyway) compared to Pete Rock who during his time was one of the top 2 guys to go to (along with Premier)

Comment

Comment

how hard is this beat?

Comment

Working...
                    X