Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye should have been disqualified for the many rabbit punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the rabbit punches were pretty deliberate and unneeded, since Haye was beating Ruiz quite comfortably without them. Kind of a sour point on an otherwise good performance IMO.

If he ever fights Hopkins though I hope he rabbit punches him like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
      Listen to all the excuses. He got a deduction and Ruiz turned away so he should have protected himself.

Also i'd like to point out Ruiz was gracious in defeat and didn't seem to complain about any rabbit punching.
      thats because hes a old hasbeen that was going to retire after this fight anyway...ruiz got knocked out in round 1 ten years ago...and haye still couldnt kncok him out...

Comment

Originally posted by ALLTIMEGREAT View Post
        haye beat ruiz's ass end of story
        No it's not because Ruiz would've never gotten away with hitting in the back of the head. This is how they fix fights nowadays. Let one guy have complete control and give the other guy the warnings so he timid. This is boxing nowadays. Unless the fight is put on by mutual promoters then you are going to see a onesided biased fight. The sad thing is GBP went and signed contacts with Ruiz and Haye. Why? Is it because they wanted to get into Ruiz's camp to see what they could find for weakness's. Did they just want to get into his camp so they could feed Haye's camp info about Ruiz. I personally believe this is what happened and unless us the fans start pointing the finger thing are going to get worse and worse. GBP's is trying to dictate the sport and fix it in there own way.

Comment

How can anyone think something like this wasn't deliberate? (And this is after the point off.) What kind of punches do you want to call these?

Ruiz "turned his head"? It's Haye moving off the side and dropping illegal punches. (Notice the referee moving in to break them up even before Ruiz went down.)

Everyone knows the UK commentary was ridiculous; it doesn't need to be regurgitated.

Comment

Originally posted by jmah View Post

How can anyone think something like this wasn't deliberate? (And this is after the point off.) What kind of punches do you want to call these?

Ruiz "turned his head"? It's Haye moving off the side and dropping illegal punches. (Notice the referee moving in to break them up even before Ruiz went down.)

Everyone knows the UK commentary was ridiculous; it doesn't need to be regurgitated.
            How anyone can think that? Well it is pretty easy. Just be a fanboy!

That is as blatant as it gets. But hey, the fight was in UK so their rules..

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
              Haye got deducted points, what more do you want !!
              Several things:

1. Penalize for _every_ occurrence of the foul - not just once. (Haye was clearly doing it deliberately and often enough to justify disqualification.)

2. Do not call it a knockdown when it results from an illegal blow. (The first 3 knockdowns all involved blows to the back of the head.)

3. Give the victim of the foul a chance to recover.

I would not be surprised if the reason that Ruiz's corner called the fight is that they were tired of seeing their fighter being so consistently fouled. And, yes, Ruiz was losing; but he would have had a better chance if the referee had not tolerated Hayes's consistent fouling.

The Sky announcers tried to minimize this travesty. E.g., after the playback of the third knockdown, they were excusing the ref's failure to call Haye for the foul on the grounds that Ruiz was already on the way down from the initial right. But this was not true. Ruiz was stunned; but it did not appear to me that he was going to go down until Haye hit him (hard!) behind the head.

I noticed several occasions when, immediately after landing a good power punch, Haye would try to land a rabbit punch. These attempts were not always 'successful', but they were surprisingly consistent. It appeared to part of his game plan.
              Last edited by DrHow; 04-13-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X