Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Learned That I Can Definitely Knock Out Any Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can knock anyone down. But not everyone out. Wlad wasn't knocked out.

Comment

OMG, Joshua is trash! a chinny active HOF kept taking his best and getting up! but all his dick-riders are ignoring how Klitch exposed this frauds power!

Deontay Wilder in A.J and Klitch position last night would of iced them. No question, I understand why Joshua kept Deontays name out of his mouth even though he was in attendance but what did Wilder do when Parker came to see him in Alabama vs. Gerald Washington? called him out! because you dont show up to the champs home without being addressed, thats how a boss handles his.

Stay ducking the 'Bronze-Bomber' when Deontay becomes unified all these guys on the top are going to have to come to Alabama U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Don't get me wrong, Joshua did a great job in the end and credit to him but it's not like he's knocked a guy out that has never been stopped or hurt before.
        I think you're missing the point. Vlad was in the best shape he had been in years, has legit proven power and boxed a near perfect fight. The last time Vlad was KO'd was 13 years ago and under Manny Steward's tutelage he became a much better boxer and went on to dominate the division. It's the heavyweight division and in over 60 pro fights, chances are you're going to hit the canvas sooner or later. It happened to all the greats.
        Joshua was an exciting pro on the rise with less than 20 pro fights under his belt and a limited amateur career. He had never gone close to the distance and had never been down as a pro. Any heavyweight would've gone down from the punch Vlad landed and most would've stayed down. To come back after being one punch away from being KO'd to KO Klitschko was an incredible feat for Joshua. He had to face serious adversity for the first time in his short pro career, getting up from a hard knock down to make the right adjustments in order to survive and recover to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Wonder what that heavy knockdown Jousha suffered would have done for his future punch resistance.

He took like 3 rounds to recover,

i know we had heard was knocked down in sparring, so there were always questions about his chin, it can be broken thats for sure

Wlad isnt the only boxer that hits hard

i think the heavy punchers will take great confidence in seeing Jousha hit the canvas
          I think you're dead wrong. Joshua hadn't taken very many punches up until now and it was a great learning experience for him, albeit dangerous, getting rocked and knowing he could come back to get the KO.
          It's actually better that Joshua got tested because the longer he kept demolishing his opponents without taking any punches, the more dangerous it would be when he finally did. You can obviously take too many punches but taking no punches over a number of fights is actually bad for punch resistance.
          Joshua is still learning and with this win at only 19 pro fights, he is only getting better. It was a big step up for Joshua regardless of his title holder status or the previous KO's of modest undefeated competition. Vlad exposed Joshua's weaknesses because he is a world class pro boxer and was at his best and Joshua is still a work in progress that was able to dig deep and get the win regardless.
          It was the perfect litmus test for Joshua and it answered questions about his heart, chin and resiliency. Vlad showed that Joshua's chin can be broken? How is that now? He was dropped by a big punch and he got back up to KO Vlad. He was undoubtedly hurt but he recovered and came back which showed he can take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Joshua just KOed one of the best HWs ever. Old or not, Wlad came to win and gave it his best. Props to both boxers for a great fight. Not everyone could of taken the shots Wlad put on Joshua.
            Well said. People reachingbthe conclusion that somehow AJ is "chinny" cos he got knocked down by a proven puncher who caught him cleanly.
            In the hw division, they are big strong guys and if you get hit flush ANYONE can go over. If anything, AJ proved he can take a big dig and still carry on, NOT that he's chinny.
            Respect to.both

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
              Wilder power is overrated... all ko came against tomato cans. Didnt even drop the ONLY decent HW he fought - Stiverne. Fury don't have power to bother Aj...couldn't even drop Klit.
              On the contrary, he did drop Stirvirne. Go rewatch the fight and check the scorecards. There's a round where Stirvirne gets stuck in a windmill stom and hits the deck. He rugby tackled Wilder on his way down but it was rightfully ruled a KD coz he was on his way down and tried to hold on to Wilder's legs, making him fall with him.

Stop hating sonny.

Comment

Legendary fight, one that I will watch many times down the line!

This fight will help bring boxing back to the mainstream, kudos to Wlad and AJ!!!

AJ is going to improve and that's scary since he already has KO power, good combos, deadly uppercut, good head movement when he decides to use it, good hand speed, good foot speed, disciplined,and showed he can keep at it in the championship rounds!!

I still favor Ortiz and Wilder over him but I wouldn't be shocked if he beats them both since his improvements and what he learned from this fight will undoubtedly serve him well if/when he fights them!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  On the contrary, he did drop Stirvirne. Go rewatch the fight and check the scorecards. There's a round where Stirvirne gets stuck in a windmill stom and hits the deck. He rugby tackled Wilder on his way down but it was rightfully ruled a KD coz he was on his way down and tried to hold on to Wilder's legs, making him fall with him.

Stop hating sonny.
                  still no KO - went 12!

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                    still no KO - went 12!
                    You think that may have something to do with the fact that he broke his hand in that fight, had surgery afterwards where they had to put metal pins into his joints, and was out for six months?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      You think that may have something to do with the fact that he broke his hand in that fight, had surgery afterwards where they had to put metal pins into his joints, and was out for six months?
                      WRONG!! Chk ur facts...that was Arreola fight!!! Which was a joke of a HW title fight!!

Comment

Working...
                      X