Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Golovkin-Jacobs, Gonzalez-Rungvisai, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I aint even gonna lie to you, I was rooting for GGG & I was flabbergasted by how Danny Jacobs dominated the fight. I thought for sure he had won. I was watching the UK Boxnation stream and everybody on their panel was sure Jacobs had won as well.

I even turned off the fight in disappointment after the final bell rung because I didn't want to hear the decision (which would deny us Canelo/GGG in the fall) because I knew Jacobs would be named the winner.

I turned back on like 5 minutes later and GGG was holding all the belts still. I was in shock

But hey, I'm glad that Canelo & GBP can't use a GGG loss to stall GGG/Canelo any longer, so on one hand I think Jacobs should've won, but I'm glad GGG won ultimately because I wanna see the superfight in the fall, which I think GGG will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
      The gambling odds don't reflect how likely a fighter is to win, they don't even reflect what people think those odds are. The odds are set by bookies predicting how they think people will bet. Perceived unbeatable fighters like Golovkin and Mayweather will have a tiny payout. Relatively unknown fighters like Jacobs, will be given great odds to encourage people to bet on them. "Golovkin had problems with someone with 8-1gambling odds" is misleading. Golovkin had problems with the second best middleweights in the world.
      Had Golovkin been fighting Canelo instead of Jacobs, the odds would have been much closer, not because Canelo of better than Jacobs, but because he is a star and his fans will bet on him.

no it's not

the protocol applies to everyone

with Jacobs, it reflected 8-1

there is nothing misleading about that

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
        The beast couldn't even floor much less stop a old version of Cotto(dropped and stopped numerous times)..Lol!! If Canelo and his team believed ur bs opinion, the fight would have happened a year and half ago...instead Canelita runs back to 154 and proclaims " I am not a MW yet...I need to build my body up to 160 and see how it responds b4 I fight GGG " classic lame excuse!!
        Cotto's stoppage loses are both highly suspect. One because of acts of superhuman speed, strength , stamina, and punch resistance that seemed chemically assisted. The other because the opposing fighter was caught red handed using plaster in his wraps in his very next fight. Im not a bug fan of either ggg or Canelo , so I don't have a dog in this fight, but call a spade a spade: both of cotto's ko loses have an asterisk next to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
          GGG fans now wanna put Jacobs on a pound for pound list to justify why he struggled with his first true test.

"he was 10 lbs heavier, we need to change the rules" give me a break. these are the same people that wanna see GGG vs Floyd. how much of a weight advantage will GGG have? surely more than 10. hypocrites.

at 35 years old he finally steps up competition and barely won.

and Canelo won't need height or reach to beat GGG. if you notice Jacobs actually had more success when he stood his ground and let off combos in the pocket (watch the beginning of round ten).

his trainer kept instructing him to "finesse" or stick and move. shoulda told him to go straight to his chest and let his hands go. GGG had absolutely no response for the handspeed. none. he would just shell up, let Jacobs finish hitting him then reset.

Canelo has faster hands than Jacobs. better reflexes. way more slicker slipping shots inside. notice GGG's attack was nullified on the ropes with upper body movement. go rewatch Canelo vs Trout and see that boy slicker than oil in the pocket.

there is no better combination puncher than Canelo. and what was making GGG freeze? combos. what punch was Jacobs landing at will? the uppercut. one of cinnamons best weapons.

Canelo is a beast agaisnt guys that dare to stand in front of him. GGG is tailor made for him.

don't believe me just watch.

complaining that Jacobs is a few pounds bigger than Golovkin..... is readily admitting that he is not what they made him out to be

how the hell could he have lived with Ward ?

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
            Cotto's stoppage loses are both highly suspect. One because of acts of superhuman speed, strength , stamina, and punch resistance that seemed chemically assisted. The other because the opposing fighter was caught red handed using plaster in his wraps in his very next fight. Im not a bug fan of either ggg or Canelo , so I don't have a dog in this fight, but call a spade a spade: both of cotto's ko loses have an asterisk next to them.

you're a good poster Joe

Comment

This guy forgot that Estrada was in 108 pounds, and Viloria? He was 35 years old and he was not champ at that moment (3 years beforehand estrada beat him).

So Gonzalez was a HOG before the fight but a better fighter like GGG not ?

Hmmm

There is a lot of difference in the levels of Taylor and a guy like Jacobs.

Plus Chavez K.Oed him and destroyed him so bad, GGG can't do that with Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                you're a good poster Joe
                Thanks Bro!

Comment

Originally posted by zoken View Post
                  Jacobs had to fight the perfect fight which he did. He left everything in the ring that night. I don't think he can repeat that performance in a rematch.
                  I tend to agree. Everyone is now saying that he will be more dominant if they have a rematch but people forget that GGG also knows what Jacobs brings to the table.

Comment

Working...
                  X