Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Does Kell Brook Quit Against Next (After He Quit Against GGG)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    the fight was stopped because brook began taking punishment, not because a doctor threw in the towel. According to Brook himself, the injury happened in round 1, so if there was so much concern for his future well-being, why did they wait until the 5th round, when he was on the verge of being knocked out?

and who has shawn porter beaten at 154 to put him levels above spence...he's fought better competition, but he's lost to the best fighters he's fought also.

everyone looks easy to counter when you're not in danger from the barrage of shots he's firing. when he hurts kell, and corners him on the ropes, we'll see how he responds.

Huh? It doesn't matter when he was hurt - the fact of the matter is BROOK DID NOT QUIT! His TRAINER stopped the fight!

Please, at what point did Brook say "I'm done," or "stop the fight."

It's just the same if the ref, or doctor stopped it. His trainer stopped the fight.

I imagine his trainer let it go for a few rounds because of the moments of strength Brook displayed - he showed he could stun GGG, and he was very much in the fight. But after most of the round where he was retreating with his high-guard up, not fighting back, while eating monstrous shots, his trainer decided it simply wasn't worth the risk to his fighter to continue and stopped the fight.

Again, BROOK DID NOT QUIT - HIS TRAINER STOPPED THE FIGHT (and NOT on Brook's word to do so)!

Porter is a welterweight, and hasn't been at 154 in quite some time, like half a decade or more... and while he doesn't have anybody overly impressive, his wins over Malignaggi (equal to Algieri), and Broner and Alexander (better than Algieri win) proved he is a top-10 contender.

Spence beat a fringe top-10 guy in Algieri, but after that, it's all C level and below fighters.

Lol yet Spence is hailed as great. We'll see after the fight is over.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
      Huh? It doesn't matter when he was hurt - the fact of the matter is BROOK DID NOT QUIT! His TRAINER stopped the fight!

Please, at what point did Brook say "I'm done," or "stop the fight."

It's just the same if the ref, or doctor stopped it. His trainer stopped the fight.

I imagine his trainer let it go for a few rounds because of the moments of strength Brook displayed - he showed he could stun GGG, and he was very much in the fight. But after most of the round where he was retreating with his high-guard up, not fighting back, while eating monstrous shots, his trainer decided it simply wasn't worth the risk to his fighter to continue and stopped the fight.

Again, BROOK DID NOT QUIT - HIS TRAINER STOPPED THE FIGHT (and NOT on Brook's word to do so)!

Porter is a welterweight, and hasn't been at 154 in quite some time, like half a decade or more... and while he doesn't have anybody overly impressive, his wins over Malignaggi (equal to Algieri), and Broner and Alexander (better than Algieri win) proved he is a top-10 contender.

Spence beat a fringe top-10 guy in Algieri, but after that, it's all C level and below fighters.

Lol yet Spence is hailed as great. We'll see after the fight is over.
      I don't want to get into a game of semantics with you, because Brook lost the GGG fight, as everyone expected. It was nothing but a cash grab, as everyone knows.

Yes it true, Brook didn't utter the words, "I quit." He did complain to his corner that he couldn't see, and when he started getting pummeled, they stopped the fight. Threw in the towel, waived the white flag...who cares? They symbolize the same thing, and when they did, there was no protest from Brook. He didn't say he quit, but he damn sure agreed it was quitting time. His corner just saved him some embarrassment.

As far as Shawn Porter, he beat malinaggi, who was his biggest win when he fought kell brook. Since he lost to brook, he's beaten some guy named E. Bone, had to come off the canvas to beat Broner, and then lost to thurman. Shawn porter is one of the most overrated welters in the sport...in terms of skill, and in terms of W's....JMO

I guess the difference between him when brook fought him, and the difference between Spence, whom Brook is fighting next, is that Chris Algieri didn't have a title.
      Last edited by FLY TY; 03-02-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

TMZ just posted a video of Amir Khan unconscious on the floor in front of a grocery, apparently he has been knocked out cold.
        Witnesses said that Amir was alone and suddenly collapsed, the store owner said that Amir bought some chewing gum.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Perhaps another Victor Ortiz-type quitter has been revealed recently as Kell Brook seemed to quit against GGG after his team had specifically told him during the rest period between rounds that if he got hit too much in the round he'd be pulled out of the fight. Brook backs up to the ropes and lets GGG pound on him, knowing that his team will throw in the the towel to prevent him from taking more punishment, and also "saving face" as the masses would overlook the subtleties of the situation.

Brook quit against GGG, let's not get it twisted. We can consider this guy to be Victor Ortiz 2.0 of the 147 division and beyond at this point.

The only questions remaining.. Who does Kell Brook quit against next? Is Spence the man who makes Brook quit yet again? And thinking long term, throughout his career, how many fights will Brook quit in collectively when it's all said and done?
          You're such a hateful little toady. At least he wasn't put asleep like your gay lover Khan.

Comment

Post like this the reason why I stopped coming on here.....thought y'all guys were hardcore boxing fans?😂

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              TMZ just posted a video of Amir Khan unconscious on the floor in front of a grocery, apparently he has been knocked out cold.
              Witnesses said that Amir was alone and suddenly collapsed, the store owner said that Amir bought some chewing gum.
              Hahah these literally never get old. There's so many jokes to be made.

Comment

Lol well you my good man, and the other dude, are both badasses.

Wot type of fight was it/wot was the scenario in how it happened?

Did ya'll stop fighting upon it happening?
                it was a bar fight that went outside he was KO'd. naturally I had no glove on so GGG has to hit real hard. the way I found out was the guy I was with needed a bunch of stitches so he found out in the hospital where both of them went
                Last edited by nacho daddy; 03-03-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I don't know... He seemed to legit be trying to stay in the fight until his trainer threw the towel in.

He was never once looking at his corner, or he never took a knee and refused to stand back up at 10. He went into a shell, which a lot of boxers do when trying to recover. Although that's one of the worst things you can do, IMO. It's much better to tie up, or simply stay right in your opponent's chest so he can't generate full leverage on his punches. Put your head right under his chin, and walk him back with your guard up.
                  yes that is a sound way as long as you have your legs

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    Try to look good early on then pull out.

They didnt execute very well then did they when it went a bit like this.

Look good early on, fracture Orbital bone in second round. Carry on fighting and win at least 1 more round before handily losing the fourth before being beaten in the fifth....then pulling out in that fifth round for the sake of your health before succumbing to a career threatening injury
                    Yeah, OK, you call how you see it, I'll call it how I saw it, no problem. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      Perhaps another Victor Ortiz-type quitter has been revealed recently as Kell Brook seemed to quit against GGG after his team had specifically told him during the rest period between rounds that if he got hit too much in the round he'd be pulled out of the fight. Brook backs up to the ropes and lets GGG pound on him, knowing that his team will throw in the the towel to prevent him from taking more punishment, and also "saving face" as the masses would overlook the subtleties of the situation.

Brook quit against GGG, let's not get it twisted. We can consider this guy to be Victor Ortiz 2.0 of the 147 division and beyond at this point.

The only questions remaining.. Who does Kell Brook quit against next? Is Spence the man who makes Brook quit yet again? And thinking long term, throughout his career, how many fights will Brook quit in collectively when it's all said and done?
                      Red K coming for saying a fighter quit who clearly didn't.

And another red K coming after I can re-Red K you for calling Brook Ortiz 2.0. You might as well call Pac Ali and Wilder Wepner while you're at it.

Glad to see the trash posters come out to troll right after a big fight, right on cue.

Comment

Working...
                      X