No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Jacobs Deal Done - March 18 at MSG, HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Do GGG critics consider Jacobs to less of a threat to GGG than Lara?
    YES, of course..... he plays much more into Golovkin's style than Lara does

Lara is a tricky slick southpaw with world-class skills

that doesn't change the fact that Golovkin/Jacobs is an excellent match-up and likely the best fight at middleweight

nothing wrong with this fight, ignore the critics

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      I don't understand why Lara won't move up to 160 and make a name there if he wants GGG?

His twitter and other social media accounts mention GGG alot...

look.....

FACT: Golovkin/Lara would be a superb fight, Lara would be one of - if not - Golovkin's best win

Lara wants to fight Golovkin, NOT marry him LMAO

what is easier dude, Golovkin simply fighting Lara because there is no absolutely reason why not..... or all that stuff you suggested?

why are all the unnecessary roadblocks erected whenever Lara's name is mentioned?

Lara is the WBA junior middleweight champ, so there is no reason whatsoever why that fight cannot happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        For the same reason Lara chooses to fight Delvin Rodriguez, Jan Zaveck, and Yuri Foreman. Little dog that barks alot.

now I see why you struggled with that simple question earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          YES, of course..... he plays much more into Golovkin's style than Lara does

Lara is a tricky slick southpaw with world-class skills

that doesn't change the fact that Golovkin/Jacobs is an excellent match-up and likely the best fight at middleweight

nothing wrong with this fight, ignore the critics
          Jacobs is more dangerous than Lara.

Lara ain't gonna' do **** but run.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

.................................................. ..............................

THAT, is called keeping it real

THAT, is called..... " unbiased "

both issues that you struggle with daily, so props for noticing

it is a GOOD fight, so why wouldn't I give Gennady credit ?

listen, the ONLY reason why that fight is happening, is because Gennady wants it..... because he walked away from the fights that he didn't want

Golovkin deserves 100% credit for the fights that he made, and he deserves 100% blame for the fights that he could have made, but chose not to.... just like EVERYONE else..... it works BOTH ways!

props to Gennady !

Comment

• Lara puts a lot of pressure on King G recently with cleaning out the third row at 154. A lot of quality wins right there. His fight against Yuri Foreman will be one for the ages.

Comment

• The demographic's reaction to this fight being made says it all really. They just don't like GGG because he has the wrong nationality. Nothing wrong with that but just admit to being bias. Mexicans admit to only supporting Mexican fighters time for you to do the same when it comes to black fighters. Just say you hope GGG loses because you want a black American boxer to be the top dog. Again NOTHING wrong with being nationalistic we all are

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Jacobs is more dangerous than Lara.

Lara ain't gonna' do **** but run.

I doubt that Jacobs will knock Golovkin out

maybe, but I doubt it

so using your vocabulary, the question is.....

can Lara run for 12, and can Jacobs chin hold-up for 12

I know what I think is more likely !

and I'm not convinced that Jacobs can keep Golovkin any more honest than Lara can, considering the fact that it would be a completely different fight..... I think that Lara's defence/movement/speed/accuracy will be more effective than the 'power' of Jacobs, who will have plenty of problems as he is far more "available" than Lara is over 12

Comment

• yep, it would be truly strange to watch the title that Golovkin defended to break Hopkins record..... get phased out before Golovkin actually broke Hopkins record

how would that work ?

how would that work ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      That seems like the common narrative, but I don't really buy it. Lemieux is pretty limited, and Curtis Stevens was a hot prospect who never was. Stevens in particular wasn't really a top-notch opponent. Lemieux was game, but he was a sitting duck. Munroe was alright, but also not really top of the class. I think Jacobs is probably GGG's best opponent to date. I don't buy the notion that GGG gets hit on purpose because he doesn't respect his opponents. I think he gets hit because he doesn't move his head. Brook exposed him to an extent. and you're only as good as your last fight. Brook is a 147 pounder. In Jacobs, GGG is fighting a true middleweight, with KO power and speed/boxing ability. I think he's going to be tested, win or lose.

You got a lot to learn about boxing. I don't see this high iq and boxing abilities you speak of concerning Jacob. He has adverage power and glass chin. What many people forgot which I find hilarious is that he got kocked down by mora. Mora who is a feather fisted fighter. Again this is mora I am talking about. I will say it again mora. Did I say mora? This a huge step for Jacob and a step down for ggg. Will be fun reading your excuses when Jacob gets destroyed

Comment

Working...
                      X