No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz VS David Price Targeted For 12/10/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by low blows View Post
    David Price is the British Duane Bobick. He can't take a punch and doesn't have a clue what to do if he gets stunned. This is such a bad mismatch that the commission shouldn't sanction it.
    Great compartion, they sanctioned the fight against Thompson who has like 47 and even a bigger mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Before the Tony Thompson debacles, I was pretty high on David Price - I'm usually a pretty good scout when it comes to HW fighters but I totally got it wrong with him. He looked impressive when he was beating C level opponents but as soon as the going got tough, he went to pieces.

I really can't imagine a scenario where Price stays competitive with Ortiz, let alone beats him. Ortiz is literally the "HW boogeyman." He's one prospect that I did get right. Ortiz is a mix of solid boxing skills, power, accuracy and size. With Price (and even Scott) I don't see him having any trouble.

Also, I think it's cool that Ortiz has two solid fights setup within a month. It goes to show, how confident Ortiz is of beating Malik Scott and then facing Price a month later.
      Agreed. This is what guys who need to build up their records and rating should be doing. He needs fights to stay busy and get back on track and this is the way it should be done. This whole shift to 2 or maybe 3 fights a year is ridiculous.

It's just tedious and tiresome for boxing fans. 3 fights should be the absolute minimum a champion fights and 4 should be more like the standard. That's still only one fight every three months. Unless there is a major war or injuries that need longer recovery then three months is plenty of time for guys to rest and then prepare for their next fight.

If it's a really big, major fight, a Ward/Kova type level fight then you take the extra month or two for prep, promo and build up but for normal mandatories and contender fights, these guys should be doing it 3 or 4 times per year as standard. The current boxing landscape is a drag and pretty ****ing awful as a fan.

Anyway, I really like Ortiz and think he's the best heavyweight in the world today. He's getting on in age though and needs to get as many fights in as possible before his clock runs down. I'm glad he's taking these two fights back to back, because he won't need any extra time. He'll plow through both guys and hopefully that sets him up for the big fights that we should all be seeing him in. Can't wait to see him in with the other top guys at the moment...Joshua, Parker, Wilder, Fury, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        Great compartion, they sanctioned the fight against Thompson who has like 47 and even a bigger mismatch
        At least Bobick had some decent names that he beat. He actually beat some top fighters/contenders. Price had never even reached that level.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          At least Bobick had some decent names that he beat. He actually beat some top fighters/contenders. Price had never even reached that level.
          Yeah I know Tony beat D. Guinn, T. Ibragimov, L. Krasnaqi, C. Witherspoon, O. Beck, D. Price (2X), and O. Solis (2X) and his losses are anything to be ashamed of L. Ortiz, M. Scott, K. Pulev, W. Klitschko (2X), and against someone undefeated guy in his third fight
          You're right Price doesn't have that, Price's best win is Audley Harrison

Comment

Working...
          X