Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins says you dont become great off of sympathy, is GGG great middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Hopkins got famous in the first place because Tito had the balls to fight him.
    Hopkins also had the balls to move up....fought some of the best 175ers of this era...dawson, pascal, kovalev, etc......what has GGG done? sit around and wait on a payday with Canelo while being feed cans....

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

"he boring doe"....translation......... dammit why hasnt he lost yet!!!!!

i got it all covered for you

i find it funny.... wARD, Jones, Hopkins, Whitaker, mayweather were all considered boring, yet their peers considered them to be the best if not one of the best of their time and all time.....Ward is just the next in line

it must suck to want someone to lose so bad and all they do is win...bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
      Hopkins and ward as the best of all time?!?! lmao you are deluded man. Only list they would top is the most boring fighters of all time list

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        Hopkins and ward as the best of all time?!?! lmao you are deluded man. Only list they would top is the most boring fighters of all time list
        you idiot....i said the aforementioned fighters are considered the best or one of the best of all time, and their time

ward is working his way to their level...Whitaker, Jones, Mayweather, and Hopkins are all time greats

can you comprehend what you read or do you see words you recognize and make up a reply?

Comment

No wonder boxing is dying. All these idiots want to talk about is Golovkin should move up and fight Ward. PBC fighters get away with fighting once a year.

Comment

you idiot....i said the aforementioned fighters are considered the best or one of the best of all time, and their time

ward is working his way to their level...Whitaker, Jones, Mayweather, and Hopkins are all time greats

can you comprehend what you read or do you see words you recognize and make up a reply?
            youre deluded mate. hopkins and ward arent in the same league as the other three. Hopkins is an all time fraud, not an all time great. When hopkins fought 2 ATG's, he lost, clearly (RJJ and calzaghe), his best wins were against welterweights. Hell, even taylor beat him.

Comment

Hopkins also had the balls to move up....fought some of the best 175ers of this era...dawson, pascal, kovalev, etc......what has GGG done? sit around and wait on a payday with Canelo while being feed cans....
              He did move up after his 20 plus defenses and being famous because of Tito.
              He too didn't miss any bums on the way to fame, the William Bo James, Scott Franks etc just like GGG had his share of bums. He had to wait a long ass time too. Hop kept himself in shape just like GGG does. I see a lot of similarities in the two at this point in their careers.

My point is Hop got the chance against a marquee fighter before he moved up which is what Golovkin is/was trying to do.

I think GGG's management is to blame. He thought by getting out of Germany where Sturm blatantly ducked him things would be better. They are financially but not legacy wise.

Comment

thoughts
                Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                By the time ggg retires he will likely go down as one of the greatest middleweights ever.
                Continue to beat the best challengers.
                This is the best answer.

Is he great right now? Not really. Will he be when it's all said and done? Probably, and for the reasons hugh grant mentioned.

People always want to be prisoners of the moment, like it was brought up in another thread, other MW have also dominated a division and beat all challengers and are regarded highly, it will be no different for Golovkin.

As someone who claims to be so passionate about boxing therealpuglilist, you should focus more effort on just learning and appreciating the sport, not looking for agenda topics are attempting to discredit fighters.

We both are big Floyd fans, so I find it sad and odd you can't embrace guys like GGG the same way. There's just nothing to not like about the guy. Even if you criticize his career moves, as a fighter, there's just nothing not to like.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Bernard was a Middleweight into his 40th birthday. GGG is 34 and already has a long list of defenses ala Hagler and Bernard before him. Bernard and Hagler both also didn't see their bigger payday fights into late in their careers (mind you, against Welterweights) which seems like the same will happen with GGG. Trust me, GGG hasn't fought his last Welter yet.
                  Tito and Oscar both had 160 pound belts.

Hearns, Duran and Leonard had all fought at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    Golovkin is a coward.

Comment

Hopkins is one of the greatest middleweights of all time, who actually went up and competed with the best at 175 and won titles there

he can say whatever he wants regardless of his affiliation with Golden boy

proof is in the pudding, he dared to be great....GGG hasnt done anything to be considered great yet...he is a good fighter for sure
                      Yeah he did.....after becoming a household name beating former welterweight kingpins in Oscar and Tito...when GGG career is over then judge him...if Hopkins retired after those fights would he be who he is now? GGG has many years ahead of him and can move up after he accomplished his goal of unified middleweight champ...

Comment

Working...
                      X