Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im starting to think that Ward may beat DF out of Kov! I mean punish him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
    Kov carried BHop, notice how nice BHop was before and after.
    Ward could win, but can he take the heat for 12 rounds.
    I will lay down some of Kov, Ward has been to inactive and Kov has given me no reason to doubt him at 175, Stevenson avoided him.
    To me, he tried very hard to KO Hopkins! If you cant KO some old dude like that, I think Ward will be very difficult!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
      I think that's really far fetched. He's not going to be less cautious with Kovalev. He's going to box and use angles and speed and timing, all the good tools. But he's not going to take anymore risk than he has to. Even if could he won't, he's too intelligent and he doesn't want to risk losing.
      But if you notice, Ward doesnt think like that. "Im taking a risk, doing this or doing that..." Ward, like Floyd, has severe confidence in his ablity to stand in front of someone without being touched!

Taking risk vs not taking risk, is not relevant imo! Ward may actually be taking a risk by being on the outside! He may be better off trying to batter Kov, who is not used to being on the other end of a violent situation!

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
        No one gets punished in this fight,lol Ward is not going to punish Kovalev,if Ward win it will be by outboxing him and making it an ugly fight. He will have to stay close and smother Kovalev and try to frustrate him
        Thats my point! Ward is going to be up close, and if Ward does do something effective, Ward is going to try to batter him in response!

I think this fight will be similar to the Dawson fight, with Kov having a better chin, and more power!

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
          Did you say he couldnt hurt Hopkins??? yea you must be trolling....lol
          No. I said that I expected him to finish Hopkins in a few rounds, just graze him, and kill him easily!

I dont see Kov's power making a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            But if you notice, Ward doesnt think like that. "Im taking a risk, doing this or doing that..." Ward, like Floyd, has severe confidence in his ablity to stand in front of someone without being touched!

Taking risk vs not taking risk, is not relevant imo! Ward may actually be taking a risk by being on the outside! He may be better off trying to batter Kov, who is not used to being on the other end of a violent situation!
            Yeah well he might of been a little off, but he could of done so against Barrera but chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
              Ward will get beaten if he dares to enter the ring against Kovalev. Don't know how the OP comes to this conclusion.
              I know its fun and games, to portrat Kov as a dangerous guy that "May harm Ward"

But this a serious thing that Kov fans need to be worried about! Who is Ward? Ward is nasty and mean! Because of his style and Kov's reputation, this may be brutal! Ward wants to shine against someone like this, and Kov may not be the same if Ward is thinking what Im thinking!

No fanboyism, just real talk! No one is going to "beat up Ward" Kov maybe can win, maybe even stop him some way! But Ward may be thinking that he wants to BATTER this man! Whether he stops him or not, he may want to beat df out of this guy!

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
                Because Kovalev KOes his opponents, people tend to notice his lower and the skill.
                I already spoke on his skills!

Comment

Yeah well he might of been a little off, but he could of done so against Barrera but chose not to.
                  It's odd because Virgil told him the knockout is there, twice in the later rounds, but Andre didn't feel comfortable taking it.
                  I think he used this opportunity to get his bearings at 175 and really tuned out everyone and everything else. Not the most entertaining way to box but still miles better than watching Rigo or the majority of Klitschko fights so it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Kovalev dropped Hopkins pretty clean. That's close enough to hurting him.

Look this guy is not just some mindless brawler. He has a lot of talent. He knows how to use his footwork. He mixes up his punches well. The way he stayed out of Hopkins range should be respected no matter how old Hop was.

I just don't see how Ward is going to beat Kovalev. Ward is not that fast. He wins a lot of fights with his craftiness inside. Kovalev is going to stay at his range and move in and out wen he needs to. I've said it before, Stevenson is going to be Kovalev's hardest fight, not Ward.
                    I spoke allot about Kov's skills! He is very sharp and smart! And Hopkins age may not mean anything to you, but it does to me!

I expected an easy KO!

And I never said anything about Ward beating KOV! I said Ward may try to BEAT DF out of Kov! This is a dangerous fight for both fighters. No one is saying Ward may win, but if Kov is planning on being the "dangerous man with the power" he may not be able to deal with being on the other hand of a violent fight!

Ward plays no games, and Kov needs to take this serious! He's planning on being the outside boxer, who will hurt Ward and finish him! He's not planning on being potentially victimized! He needs to have his mind in the right place!

Comment

To me, he was trying to beat df out of Berrera! Everytime he did something to Ward, Ward gave it right back! I saw him standing in front of him trying to do damage! As far as him coming off a layoff, he looked the same to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X