Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican Media Is Killing Canelo, Had Cotto Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the fckery that is going on in this thread is way too much. First of all neither JMM or Chavez are "canelo haters", they just call it how they see it everytime, you think these alpha male warriors have any space for hate in their souls? you dead wrong.

Personally i didn't keep a scorecard but i saw Cotto winning, i thought he outclassed Canelo. Chavez Sr made a really good point, he said that maybe Canelo didn't have enough in his tank because he had to really work hard to make the weight, he said that maybe at 160 we could see a faster/busier Canelo and i totally agree with him. Canelo's excuse for not letting his hands go was that he felt really pressured to not mess up his lead, wich is complete crap, he didn't throw enough punches because making 155 took it's toll on him during the fight period.

It's obvious Canelo needed to throw more punches last night, that punch work rate might work against guys like Angulo or Kirkland but it damn sure doesnt work against world class fighters such as Cotto and Mayweather.

Alvarez and his team just need to cut the bullsht and fight at 160, for the sake of his carreer. Saul Alvarez was supposed to leave no doubt last night and wheter you like it or not he left many doubts to be answered.

I ain't no Canelo hater, i was rooting for him to KO Cotto or win an actual clear UD last night but he simply didn't deliver, the thing that surprised me the most is that Canelo finally showed some damn personality for a guy that was always being politically correct and boring, that is going to help if he wants to be the next PPV star but he stills needs some work on his boxing craft.

Comment

Exactly...

Originally posted by Damiens View Post
      Canelo outlanded Cotto...

Exactly. These fans need to educate themselves on how to score a fight. I saw a few similarities in last night's fight and the fight on May 2nd. Judges got it right last night but blew it on May 2nd. Clean effective punching( Canelo/Manny). Effective aggressiveness( Canelo/Manny). Ring generalship( was about even but I give the edge to Canelo/Manny). People confuse "busy" with effectiveness. Cotto was busier but Canelo's defense nullified it. Floyd was busier but Manny's defense nullified it. You have to land also. So, finally the judges got it right in a high stakes fight. I'll tell you one thing, this fight was worth $100.00. Cotto went out like a warrior. He fought his ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
        From marquez to chavez sr to the mexican boxing feed to the real mexicans they had Cotto winning or a draw. **** they had the fight 117-111 in favor of Cotto in the mexican feed. I personally had it 114-114. Very close fight
        You're a troll and I officially petition you to be banned. You can't take an L and it's pathetic. Cotto had NO power. None. Canelo would move Cotto with a jab. I had it 116-112. All respectable boxing writers have said "NO WAY Cotto won the fight. It was closer than the cards but there's no logical way he did." Why can't some people just accept an L?

GTFOH

Comment

Coto lost deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            I was watching Box Nation feed and they were impressed with Cotto more so than Alvarez as well.

HBO telecast was gargling those Canelo balls though.
            Boxnation scored it for Canelo.

That TV Azteca card is mind-blowing.

Comment

Sorry but it's true.

Chavez doesn't like canelo that much, because canelo steals the spotlight from his low skilled son.
              WE here in mexico knows this.

Marques DID had a feud with canelo a long time ago, it was all over the radio.

Canelo WON and that's it.
              He didn't won like many people wanted him to win, that's why all the criticism.

Comment

Wow, the fckery that is going on in this thread is way too much. First of all neither JMM or Chavez are "canelo haters", they just call it how they see it everytime, you think these alpha male warriors have any space for hate in their souls? you dead wrong.
                Obviously you have not been watching them through espn or tvazteca through the latest few years, they just have moderated themselves lately for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  it was a very close fight (had canelo barely winning or a draw). those scorecards were completely rigged.

completely shameful that a prime (25 year old) light heavyweight couldn't stop a much smaller much older and much more war torn past prime cotto. and that punk had that guts to say it's the canelo era????? hahahahahhahahahahahah give me a break. GGG will silence this punk. kazakh thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  so now cotto turned old overnight and is war torn and past his prime...what happen to the rejuvinated and power punching cotto under roach
                  Now all the ricans calling for canelo to fight ggg..before the fight ggg wasnt worthy of fighting cotto because he needed to face better oppositon and get better ppv numbers...cotto is a sore loser and so are his fans....

Comment

i think the reason people that watch boxing are confused is because this:

canelo clearly landed the cleaner/flusher punches but cotto moved around more and threw more that didn't land clean= canelo wins a wide decision

manny clearly lands the cleaner/flusher punches but floyd moved around more and threw more that didn't land clean= floyd wins a wide decision

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Maybe I'll change my mind without alcohol in me and in hd. But canelo barely threw punches the first 6 rounds
                      And two judges only gave cotto one round in the 1st 6...

Comment

Working...
                      X