No announcement yet.

Mexican Media Is Killing Canelo, Had Cotto Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    Which Mexican media is criticizing Canelo?

I'll admit that by all Boxing standards, Cotto outworked Canelo and most fighters would respect that.

This whole "significant punch" approach doesn't usually mean shit unless someone hits the canvas. Cotto outjabs and lands combinations, but apparently they don't matter because Canelo's one shot looked harder. This is not how Boxing is usually scored...

Tv azteca i believe

Comment

I had the fight a draw could of went either way

Comment

chavez sr said canelo won, but not by the margin of the official scorecards

Comment

Well i'm neither Mexican or Puerto Rican, and I said all through the pre fight I am okay with either guy winning. I had Canelo win a decision but it was close.

Comment

JMM doesn't like Canelo and had it a draw.

In the end, virtually everyone had Canelo winning clearly. There's a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Show some real proof of genuine media outlets from Mexico that had Cotto winning, don't just make up some lies to suit yourself.

JMM had it a draw because he hates Canelo and he knows Cotto didn't actually win and that would be a ridiculous call, so he just said a draw to discredit Canelo.
              I have the mexican feed since i live in Mexico

Comment

Close tactical fight. Canelo barely won, Floyd beat Manny more convincingly.
                From a Mexican who loves boxing.

It was not the usual MEX vs PR war we have come to respect.

The Miura fight was much more exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
                  I have the mexican feed since i live in Mexico

I was watching Box Nation feed and they were impressed with Cotto more so than Alvarez as well.

HBO telecast was gargling those Canelo balls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    chavez sr said canelo won, but not by the margin of the official scorecards
                    He said that because he had canelo beside him but before canelo was on he said he saw it like marquez and could even see cotto winning it and no one would have complain. **** the mexican feed watching it you would think cotto was the mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      I'll admit that by all Boxing standards, Cotto outworked Canelo and most fighters would respect that.

This whole "significant punch" approach doesn't usually mean shit unless someone hits the canvas. Cotto outjabs and lands combinations, but apparently they don't matter because Canelo's one shot looked harder. This is not how Boxing is usually scored...
                      you mean Cotto's powderpuff jabs and mostly blocked combos?

this is not amateur boxing

pity pat jabs dont count as much as clean, effective power punches

(unless your last name is Mayweather)

Comment

Working...
                      X