Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm OK if I never see Rigo again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's 35, he seems content not to be popular. he's not your average athlete, he has a very introverted personality type.

Comment

Dang, even as a Rigo fan, that was bad.
      Is it really that hard to lead against someone with absolutely zero boxing skill and poses no threat whatsoever?

Comment

He's boring as hell.

People say Mayweather is boring, but Floyd is fighting guys like Pacquiao and Canelo, he has every right to be cautious and fight smart.

Rigo was fighting a factory worker or something who isn't even top75 in the division. Any true p4p fighter would have done a number on a guy like his opponent tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dranoel View Post
          Dang, even as a Rigo fan, that was bad.
          Is it really that hard to lead against someone with absolutely zero boxing skill and poses no threat whatsoever?
          Rigo is anti American, when he fights overseas he trades blows, this Drian guy was smaller than him and weak and has no skills they gave him some Filipino bum to destroy yet he refused to throw a combo on his open face.

When he fought that huge Japanese he was willing to trade blows and got dropped a few times, Rigo is weird, why trade with a 6 foot japanese who hydrated to 145 pounds but you won't trade with a small weak filipino dude who is a non threat?

Only thing I can say maybe he is saying F you USA, long live Castro!

I will not excite you guy or give you my all! when he fights in Japan or Europe he will throw a lot more punches.

Comment

Fighters like Rigo need to be put in with the elite guys. That's when his skills would be more appreciated and so will his style.

When they fight bums, they see no need to take any sort of risk. Get the job done as easily as possible and on to the next one.
            Last edited by Razcal26; 11-21-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
              he's 35, he seems content not to be popular. he's not your average athlete, he has a very introverted personality type.
              Has he?

i'm just genuinely wondering because people who speak Spanish seem to say otherwise. I don't speak Spanish so i have no idea but that's what i've heard.

I know he drives a very, very expensive Bentley though. Not that it makes him an extrovert or anything, but just saying that if he does that and has the personally some spanish speaking people on here say then it seems to be at odds with what you and others say.

Comment

He could have made it exciting, but like some boxers who came from amateur fights he just want to do enough to win a fight by out pointing his opponent. He was just in 1st gear the whole time.

Sad to say that was boring of him.

Jim Lampley even pointed out its the boxers responsibility to put on a show to improve his marketability. That's seems to be his problem. He can't get any bigger coz he just does enough to win.

Played it safe wont improve your marketability.
                Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

No, he needs to fight Loma, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Badguy View Post
                    Look at this trash....
                    You and me both buddy. I dont even know if I want to see him versus Loma anymore

Comment

I don't know Rigondeaux looked shot, I'm not even sure that was rust.

Comment

Working...
                      X