Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cobra versus The Saint. Who've you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    Fortunately I am one of the few that can read here, your response highlights the issue we don't know what Groves best is yet.
    That's why I said it's unfair to say that 50% would beat the best Groves, I guess what I meant was of what he has achieved so far. That's what you seemd to be implying as well. Anyway thats semantics.
    The part where I wrote "Froch at 50% could beat the best we've seen of George SO FAR" would actually imply that I was talking about 'so far'

Nothing to do with semantics, mate. All to do with reading the sentence. The whole sentence.

But I forgive you. We all make mistakes.

Comment

Thanks for all your views.....

I remain really interested in how Groves is actually going to play this one on fight night and also how he's training for Froch.

I have an inkling that Booth is going to heavily back George's speed and mobility and that we could see a mix of intelligent points-scoring raids and using the ring to make Carl do the chasing whilst firing off quick, single jabs.

If and when Carl closes down the space, then I think Booth has the confidence in his man to at least hold his own...but they'll swap bombs only when they have to and then get straight back to raiding and moving.

I also can't help thinking that George's fight with Glen Johnson might have a been dry/trial run for a meeting with Froch.

Johnson brings pressure, aggression, experience, heavy hands, a top chin and a will to win....but was clearly not as fresh, busy or explosive as Carl with all those miles on the clock.

Ring size, glove selection and whether Groves is able to apply a raid-and-move gameplan (if that is what he's opting for) which is progressive enough to ensure he gives the judges a clear reason to give him the tight rounds as a challenger could all be crucial factors.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        The part where I wrote "Froch at 50% could beat the best we've seen of George SO FAR" would actually imply that I was talking about 'so far'

Nothing to do with semantics, mate. All to do with reading the sentence. The whole sentence.

But I forgive you. We all make mistakes.
        Ok well do you honestly think Froch at 50% beats the best of what we have seen from Groves so far?

Comment

Can groves hurt froch Mmmmm Froch wins

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
            Ok well do you honestly think Froch at 50% beats the best of what we have seen from Groves so far?
            Funky, ok 51%. I apologise.

Now give it up, mate. You didn't read the sentence properly & you should just fade back. It's not personal. You just responded either before a morning cup of tea or after a few beers. We've all done it.

Comment

Originally posted by typeone View Post
              Can groves hurt froch Mmmmm Froch wins
              We don't know. We know how good Carl is but we don't know how good George is. That's what I love about this fight.

How much will Groves rise above what we've seen so far.

Another thing, I'm not convinced that Adam Booth is that good a trainer. I ain't slagging the man off, I like him. But Haye's best wins have all been down to his punch & natural abilities, not any great boxing plan.

If Groves can't outbox Froch & is getting pressured - what is the Dark Lord going to tell him?

Maybe Booth is a great trainer but so far I just feel that he's been lucky to have ridden the back of a very good fighter. If Michael Maguire had turned out differently though.....

Comment

Haha I know it's not personal, I respect your posts that why I was surprised with what you said. Still think 51% is a bit harsh ;-)

I don't disagree with you about booth but I think Haye does more is own thing.
                The Goves vs Degale fight I thought they got their tactics spot on. Even though you could argue Degale won. At that point I worried it was going to be easy for Degale.

I'm not sure who that other person you have mentioned is so will have a google.

Comment

Going to go to this fight (once they release some clearer ticket info). Eddie suggested that he's going to stack his card to justify the PPV tag, so it should be a decent one to go to live.

Not making a prediction yet; but it can only benefit George that Carl isn't a one punch knockout artist.

Comment

groves doesnt belong in the same ring as froch and will be dealt with accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X