No announcement yet.

tisis why soccer players are more athletic than American footballers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like most sports.

I watch football, rugby, ice hockey, American football, tennis.

Football is the sport I think is the best. The general consensus world wide is the same.

Most americans aren't going to agree it is the best sport they like to be different to others. The world think its cute they play their own little games and call themselves world champions.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      bopkiss on that endurance sh#t. you've probably never even seen an NFL game. most euros have not. i don't blame them for their ignorance. most americans have played soccer. it is the most popular sport in the country for kids under 13.

somebody in the secondary, or a wide receiver, will run many miles each game. same with any basketball player, seven footers included.
      There's only like 8 mins when the ball is in play, run many miles? Yeah right. Anyone that knows anything about athletes knows that the bigger the muscles the easier they tire. Have you ever seen a muscular person win a marathon?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        There's only like 8 mins when the ball is in play, run many miles? Yeah right. Anyone that knows anything about athletes knows that the bigger the muscles the easier they tire. Have you ever seen a muscular person win a marathon?
        What is your obsession with endurance?

Regardless of what you think though anyone who has played american football grade through on up it is not 8 minutes of playing and sitting around for the rest of the time. Practices are brutal, coaches make you run a **** load, you are getting hit all the time, and it happens 5 days a week not including the actual game.

If you think they couldnt run around in a soccer game for 90 minutes you are kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
          I like most sports.

I watch football, rugby, ice hockey, American football, tennis.

Football is the sport I think is the best. The general consensus world wide is the same.

Most americans aren't going to agree it is the best sport they like to be different to others. The world think its cute they play their own little games and call themselves world champions.

i believe americans are the most athletic people on the planet. the track record backs that up, or at the very least ensures that we're ranked among the most athletic. frankly i don't see how anybody without biase could argue against that.

boxing is my favorite sport to watch. noting comes close. then it's hockey, and nothing is close behind that.

anybody can play in the nfl and NBA. very few nations produce men who are that athletic at that size. the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground. there are quite a few top european big men in the NBA, but for the most part the smaller european players are less athletic than the american ones.

the MLB and the NHL have a ton of foreigners. there are fewer americans in the NHL than canadians. you hear a boatload of spanish in the MLB, because of the huge latin population.

Comment

you sprint many yards on each offensive play if you're a receiver. likewise with the corner covering him. then you give it a brisk jog back. you end up running many miles.

it's futile for me to argue something about football when you've clearly never watched a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              What is your obsession with endurance?

Regardless of what you think though anyone who has played american football grade through on up it is not 8 minutes of playing and sitting around for the rest of the time. Practices are brutal, coaches make you run a **** load, you are getting hit all the time, and it happens 5 days a week not including the actual game.

If you think they couldnt run around in a soccer game for 90 minutes you are kidding yourself.
              Endurance is one of the most important attributes for athletes in many sports THE most important. I suppose if you count them blowing out of there ass jogging at 2 mph running they'd make it through 90 minutes. It's estimated that there are 240 million football players worldwide and you think your athletes could just move to their sport compete with the best of them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Soccer players generally look more fit than most football players, but the most athletic soccer players can't compete with the most athletic NFL players. I'm talking guys like Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, etc the NFL players who could have chosen to play in any sport they pleased.
                  HAHA !!

No way, man.

Comment

Soccer players are extremely fit. They run 6 miles a game + in 45 minutes and 45 minutes with 15 minute break.

The skill level is what is more amazing. The whole World plays this sport, with salaries that are millions a year, lots of people will obviously try to became a pro.

Having seen semi pro's play VS me, the skill level is amazing. They have this impeccable timing, superb touch, speed, power and balance.

They play on grass too, running 6 miles on grass isn't too easy when you need to play a sport that requires lots of concentration and control.

Look at the control they have.

Comment

Endurance is one of the most important attributes for athletes in many sports THE most important. I suppose if you count them blowing out of there ass jogging at 2 mph running they'd make it through 90 minutes. It's estimated that there are 240 million football players worldwide and you think your athletes could just move to their sport compete with the best of them.
                      But you bring up endurance so much but dismiss explosiveness, speed, and strength which NFL players have in spades.

I'm not saying american athletes could play wherever they want either.

Comment

Working...
                      X