No announcement yet.

Gotta lose 5lbs in 2 months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta lose 5lbs in 2 months

(gotta lose 5kg not 5lb my bad) I gotta get down to under 75kg for the championships this season I'm currently 80kg problem is I'm skinny and I dont see much I can take off and I'm definitely not strong enough for 81kg category
    I train hard I think my diet plan is wrong so here is my question

If I cut out eating pasta/potatoes etc what foods can I eat to get the energy for my training sessions
    Last edited by Juof; 08-18-2012, 07:09 AM.

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
    I gotta get down to under 75kg for the championships this season I'm currently 80kg problem is I'm skinny and I dont see much I can take off and I'm definitely not strong enough for 81kg category
    I train hard I think my diet plan is wrong so here is my question

If I cut out eating pasta/potatoes etc what foods can I eat to get the energy for my training sessions

I wouldn't cut out pasta or potatoes. They are excellent carbs that fuel you perfectly for training.....but just don't overindulge in them.

I'd cut out junk food/fried food, cakes, candy, fizzy sugary drinks etc and I'd perhaps cut back on portion sizes a touch. But 5Lbs in two months isn't a difficult target at all. Surely as you step up your training, your weight will drop a touch.....pre-competition nerves can help shift weight too.

If not much is happening weight-wise after a month perhaps add some extra weekly miles of easy paced roadwork, nothing to exhaust you......just keep your aerobic health good and promote some weight loss. If you do any weightlifting, you could probably drop this too?

Comment

do you have to lose five pounds or five kilos?

Comment

**** my bad 5kg

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
          **** my bad 5kg
          how tall? age - do you have a photo??

Comment

it would probably be easier to help if the pros here knew where, if you have problem areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              how tall? age - do you have a photo??
              tim forgot to include "no ****"

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                i'm not going to lie to you, i was actually going to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  i'm not going to lie to you, i was actually going to say that.
                  Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  hahahahha.
                  Seriously as stated before if you can say your age, ht, and maybe current diet or workout routine it will be easier to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
                    hahahahha.
                    Seriously as stated before if you can say your age, ht, and maybe current diet or workout routine it will be easier to help you.
                    yeah and since he said he's pretty skinny i'm not sure how easy it will be, i'd usually recommend the all water diet with extra cardio.

Comment

Working...
                    X