No announcement yet.

Arnold's Gracie Submission Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold's Gracie Submission Challenge

The 3rd annual Arnold Schwarzenegger World Gracie Submission Championships is one of the premier Professional/Amateur Submission Grappling and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments in the World! Year after Year, the 'Top Grapplers' in the World have come out to showcase their talents, and this year will be no different!

We would also like to announce the addition of the FIRST EVER Professional Women's No-Gi Division held in the U.S.! The addition of an Professional Women's division will finally allow the Female Grapplers the chance to earn a 'Big Pay Day' if they are victorious! We have already been contacted by some of the most technical and dominate Female grapplers in the World, so we encourage that you or any high level Female grapplers you know to get involved in this event!

As in years past, the 2003 event will offer Prize Money to the top Professional Male & Female athletes in our World Class Submission tournament, with prizes/awards going to the top Amateur competitors in both the Gracie World Championship Gi Tournament and the Submission Grappling tournament.

This World-Class event will take place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center between February 28th - March 2nd!

I know you are wondering were you are going to find out weight classes, times for weigh-ins, and so on! So please go to http://gracieworlds.com for all the information & updates you will need about the event.

Please know that the pre-registration date for this event is February 10th. If you are interested in registration for the Male or Female Professional No-Gi divisions, please submit your 'Grappling Resume' to gracieworlds@aol.com asSoon As Possible!

For further information please call 1-800-765-6999 or email us at
    gracieworlds@aol.com

Do you compete in this seldomTap? Did Arnold Schwarzenegger compete in this? I thought he was a Mr. World or Universe muscle man? I didn't know he grappled, wow.

Comment

This tournament is Hosted by Relson Gracie & Arnold. The Arnolds is a body building competition, cheer leading and a bunch of other things. It is a huge fitness expo. I fought in it twice. Last year I managed to submit everyone in the gi Blue light weight & the amature no gi division. This year I have qualified for the Professional no-gi. I think it will be a great learning experiance.

Comment

I wish I could compete in this...but am geographically challenged, the Pacific is a ***** to swim across also!

Arnold just holds this event and puts his name to it, it is part of a weekend promoting sports and fitness in general

Comment

seldomTap, if you workout with a gym, couldn't they find a sponsor or something to help get you there? It would be good advertisement for the club if you won, right?
          Gracie Austin, congratulations on getting chosen to compete as a pro, and good luck, sounds like you are ready to submit everyone ....again!

Comment

good luck

Comment

[quote:ecbab0ee18="momita"]seldomTap, if you workout with a gym, couldn't they find a sponsor or something to help get you there? It would be good advertisement for the club if you won, right?
              Gracie Austin, congratulations on getting chosen to compete as a pro, and good luck, sounds like you are ready to submit everyone ....again![/quote:ecbab0ee18]

yeah, it would be cool for our whole team/club to be able to get over to some bigger shows, but honestly, there isn't the sponsorship dollars here to get us to nationals let alone to the US

Comment

Thanks, but I am sure that it will be a learning experiance. Last time I forught in the Pro-Am and tapped everyone out. It took me something like 45 seconds to win in the finals. But I REALLY don't think it is going to happen like that this time. You see their is this guy named Shaolin, & I think he will kick my ass, same with Robin Gracie, Vanda Braga is in that division as well as many other talented people. SO I am gonna go pay my dues so to speak. I will go for broke & try my very best. We shall see. Thanks for the support. I am stoked that the women are having a professional division. I have been talking to Kipp Collar & he might be so kind as to help run the show. That means that the show will be better than ever.I used to live in the middle of the Pacific. Where are you at Seldom tap?

Comment

Kipp Kollar is awesome, get him to help definately

Comment

SOUNDS FUN

Comment

Working...
                    X