No announcement yet.

tyson was probably the best that ever lived

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellfire508
    Best that ever lived? Please! If you said best heavyweight, I would accept that (even though I disagree), but best ever? God no.

What about your Durans, Peps, Charles', Armstrongs, Robinsons...?
    That's true. I don't think you could ever say best boxer unless you go by best boxer in each weight class.

Comment

Tyson couldve been the best, but he definately wasn't the best. He never developed the inside fighting skills, nor did he have the experience and intangibles in his 'prime' as a very young man... in 88 he was at his best but still very green in a mental sense. If he stayed on the straight and narrow he could've refined his skills, developed his ring craft and the mental toughness required to persevere and suceed against a higher level of competition. Even at his best he could've given many a great a very hard time, and beat a few... but coulda, shoulda, woulda... he didn't become as great as he should've and its a shame.
      Last edited by Heckler; 08-14-2006, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Tyson was gifted, but he is by far not the best ever....
        his size, and mental unstability keept him from it, Ali is the greatest by far

Comment

Yep, all true. He wasn't the best careerwise but had the ability to fight tougher opponents. He also had potential if Cus was still alive. I agree Atlas was a good trainer but with Cus alive, Tyson would've still done good with another trainer.

If Cus was alive a few more years, he would've taught Tyson the rest of his boxing skills and perfected him and taught his good human qualities. IMO, the main factor that stopped Tyson from unlocking his potential and becomeing the best was Cus's death. Without that, I believe Tyson would become the best boxer in history breaking marciano's record and be the best ever.

Comment

Potential to become the greatest. We've seen a lot of guys like him who never made it that far.
            Who cares. Theres still millions of people in the world that consider Mike te greatest. So im happy

Comment

It is totally impossible to say he was the best. Or even greatest.
              At his best he needed a real challenge. He needed a very good opponent like a Holyfield or Lewis to defeat and prove wat he was made of.

Dempsy - Willard, Marciano - Walcott, Ali - Liston, Ali - Foreman, Louis - Schmelling, Louis - Walcott...etc.

Tyson - ??????.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Peru
                It is totally impossible to say he was the best. Or even greatest.
                At his best he needed a real challenge. He needed a very good opponent like a Holyfield or Lewis to defeat and prove wat he was made of.

Dempsy - Willard, Marciano - Walcott, Ali - Liston, Ali - Foreman, Louis - Schmelling, Louis - Walcott...etc.

Tyson - ??????.
                The thing with those were, that wasn't Tyson in his prime.

Comment

Theres still millions of people in the world that consider Mike te greatest.
                  yeah but most of them are safely in padded cells where they belong!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
                    yeah but most of them are safely in padded cells where they belong!
                    Not really. Tyson nuthuggers are everywhere.

Comment

I think there are more Ali nuthuggers though.

Comment

Working...
                      X