No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: I Would've Made Canelo Suffer, Go To 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
    On a side not u r a dumb fuukk for saying hatton wasn't chit. U obviously just started watching boxing with that comment. Hatton was a beast before the Floyd fight
    Where did the "beast" fight at? 140

Where did Hatton fight Floyd? 147

Some say that Hatton even lost to Collazo but one can't dispute that he looked average in that fight .... After the Collazo fight the "beast" went back down to 140 .... until Floyd asked him to fight at 147 ...... then the "beast" went back down for 3 more fights at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Where did the "beast" fight at? 140

Where did Hatton fight Floyd? 147

Some say that Hatton even lost to Collazo but one can't dispute that he looked average in that fight .... After the Collazo fight the "beast" went back down to 140 .... until Floyd asked him to fight at 147 ...... then the "beast" went back down for 3 more fights at 140.
      Agree 1000% even if you thought hatton won the collazo fight he looked very very average

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Don't start that condescending bullshh because you will not win that battle sucka. There is a funny irony of you defending your choice of names but picked that one name out of all the names of fighters one could use for an example of that practice..like Floyd hasn't build his career virtually in the same manner.

Oscar still guarantees Floyd money up until Showtime signed him..Nytimes gets facts from p.r. people. People who actually pay him his money have state otherwise. If showtime and GBP don't then Floyd would be fighting Khan or Alexander. Why would you take a risk when you aren't known for taking risks unless you were pressured into and could earn the same money for less work? Just think on that longggg and hard.
        You are in denial of the facts. The NY Times doesn't just take any PR nonsense. They did their homework. Golden Boy does not guarantee Floyd Mayweather any money. Fact. The article is very clear about that and backs it up.

Floyd is not fighting Khan or Alexander for financial reasons. He'll generate much more money in profits fighting Canelo, rather than Khan or Alexander. At this point, no one can 'pressure' Floyd into taking a fight. No one can pressure Canelo into taking a fight either. But Austin Trout, Devon Alexander, and the like -- can be pressured because they aren't draws.

To answer your last question. It's obvious that Floyd doesn't think fighting Canelo is that risky.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
          Dummies will argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Floyd has already signed to fight Alvarez. People are still butt-hurt and looking for anything to complain about regarding Mayweather.

Mayweather brings out the inner GIRL in grown men. It's a laughing shame.

Even Manny Steward was very selective with how he matched his guys up. If Manny was in charge of Sugar Shane, the Winky fight would have never happened.

Part of being a SUPERSTAR is being skilled in the matchmaking department. It's been a hallmark of boxing since it's Genesis.

Why else would none of the top white heavyweights fight Jack Johnson or any other black boxer back in the day??

I digress though... I'm making too much sense for the common bird brained hater on NSB to comprehend.
          The inner girl part is true with some of these posters

Comment

• cherrypick + catchweight = floyds ultimate blueprint for success

Comment

• SO Floyd sr. says he would've made Canelo go to 150. So? All he is doing is holding Canelo to what he said he'd do-"I'll go to 150 to fight floyd". I thought holding a boxer to what he said is what we do here at NSB.

The fight is signed, its not at either weight floyd sr. said 147 or 150. So why is there any complaining?

Comment

• really it wouldn't bother me at all if ginger came in at 154 and just said JJM askedd me to do it . Floyd hold a belt at 154 but he won't fight at that weight ..... take that belt way . I expect Ginger to rip his head off and P I S S down thorat . he retired to keep from fighting Margrito for 2 yrs can you spell P U S S Y ????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Gratide View Post
                  well glad to see PBF talking smack again ??? Got news for you Floyd , Victor has got a big surprise for you it's called your first loss and KO ! Hope you don't cry like the little girl you are !

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    Or Floyd Sr is displaying the opinion behind the skill he has passed down to his son of avoiding prime fighters and weakening anyone who poses a threat and that's why we care what he says?
                    Didn't Floyd Sr fight Sugar Ray Leonard?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScribe View Post
                      Didn't Floyd Sr fight Sugar Ray Leonard?
                      Yes? It doesn't mean he doesn't know the skill of teaching his son how to avoid a fight and keep a career financially stable?

Comment

Working...
                      X