Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should Joshua vs Klitschko 2 take place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    No way they try a PPV in America.

I wish Showtime could make a deal with Haymon or CBS to get this on CBS (national free TV), it's the kinda fight that SHOULD be on free TV. It would be a ratings smash.
    Stranger things have happened!

Comment

It should be in New York City.

AJ said he wants to fight here. No better way than to rematch Wlad in what was an entertaining fight.

Comment

Joshua bring it to DC!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          No way they try a PPV in America.

I wish Showtime could make a deal with Haymon or CBS to get this on CBS (national free TV), it's the kinda fight that SHOULD be on free TV. It would be a ratings smash.

He said PPV in UK not America.

To put that on CBS in America would be huge, I definitely agree there. Al Haymon has nothing to do with Joshua or Klitschko or getting the fight on CBS, Showtime is responsible for that. But it won't happen because if a rematch does happen. HBO has the rights as per agreement with Showtime that if a rematch occurs HBO would get the live telecast showing and Showtime the delayed telecast showing. Perhaps if Showtime tries to get the delayed broadcast on CBS. But I doubt CBS would go for showing a delayed fight on their channel during prime time, Lol.
          Last edited by The Time; 05-16-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            He said PPV in UK not America.

HBO has the rights as per agreement with Showtime that if a rematch occurs HBO would get the live telecast showing.
            Lost the battle but won the war. This could do pretty high ratings though, no? Espescially if they have Chocolatito on the card, he'll be getting close to 1mil in the Rungvisai rematch surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Lost the battle but won the war. This could do pretty high ratings though, no? Espescially if they have Chocolatito on the card, he'll be getting close to 1mil in the Rungvisai rematch surely.

The ratings would be a lot bigger than the first fight. And that's actually a great idea to have Chocolatito-Rungvisai on the undercard. They may also choose to put that fight on the undercard of Golovkin-Canelo as well. Or it might be a stand alone fight. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                The ratings would be a lot bigger than the first fight. And that's actually a great idea to have Chocolatito-Rungvisai on the undercard. They may also choose to put that fight on the undercard of Golovkin-Canelo as well. Or it might be a stand alone fight. We will see.
                Chocolatito/Rungvisai is gunna be a stand alone show, think I see July as the date. But it was on here yesterday that Hearn weasled his way into negotiations, added a clause saying winner fights Yafai next, Yafai saying he would like to fight in the US next. Yafai and Joshua good friends, same trainers, Gonzalez K2. All adds up to be the undercard fight

Comment

Originally posted by Poppo168 View Post
                  I was in the stadium man, it was a decent atmosphere but the stadium was about 40% full until the ring walks etc. went down, could've been louder. Eddie and AJ want to build them up globally so he may aswell start fighting in other locations as Eddie has stated they want to do.

They want to break the US market & Asia, Africa, South America etc. May as well start now.
                  Wow. Looked great on TV.

Comment

Should be at sold out wembley again...

90,000+ people....

Why the **** would you change anything when it's the biggest most lucrative fight at heavyweight since Lennox-Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
                      I dont care where its held just as long as the main fight starts around 10-11pm on my tv. I cant tell you how many fights ive had to wait up till 3-4am for just to please the usa tv market. Now the boots on the other foot and i want it to stay that way.
                      It won't stay on the other foot, because any chance to make a fight in the USA then it will be made in the USA. Although I do have to admit even if the fight is in UK or Germany we in the states still can see it at 5 PM, but if the fight is in the states then you guys see it at 4AM. I feel your pain my friend, but that's what happens when you are the greatest country in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X