Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I'm Extremely Happy With 300K Buys For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The inflating is expected lmao

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      Since you lil G fans like to count and add replays, UK views, and YouTube views to lil Gs HBO figures, we'll do it with Canelo as well. 20 million Mexico views, 1.7 million replay views. 1.3 YouTube views plus the 300k ppvs for Canelo.

All hail boxings cash cow Canelo!
      Ummm no one is counting anything lets keep it simple. 200k not much cash cow here.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        those events you mentioned were early in the day,,,the fights always start late,,besides the world cup started on june 12,and the fight was on the 7th....
        the day chavez fought Martinez,it did 475k,and canelo fought that day and still packed the arena...my point is canelo against a bum still sold,he still packs arenas even though there was a huge fight going on that same night in chavez/Martinez...canelo against a nobody is pretty good,,cotto fought Judah and did 250k and mayorga and did about 250k,,those two opponents were way more popular than liam smith...canelo vs liam smith a nobody does under 300k...any current fighter (except pac)agains smith does about 90k,,cotto might pull in 200k,maybe
        Lets disect your statements. This myth that because multiple events on the same day don't line up, doesn't affect the views is BS. You cannot quantify the exact affect, how ever it is well known that multiple major sporting events on the same day, can affect the viewership of smaller events. Chavez jr vs Martinez happened in 2012, the world cup is every 4 years, so there was no world cup, no olympic qualifiers, and no hoarses running for the tripple crown. Judah was Cotto's first fight on ppv, he had never fought ppv prior, and there was no co event anchor, when you take in the totality of the circumstances 250k is legit, especially when you consider, Mayweather vs Judah did 374k. Unless you really think Canelo would do 300k against Smith as a first ever PPV with no exposure. Mayorga was way past it, the fight should have never been on PPV and it still did 250k, I believe it's comparible to Canelo vs Smith.

Comment

Mofo's care way too much about A/B side. GUESS WHAT! THIS AIN'T BUSINESS 101! It's a f'ing sport..you..me..the next guy below us...is nothing but a fan. Fans give a fk about events and match ups not money. Do we know how many rebates happened? No. Do we know what sponsors paid? No. So who gives a fk? Tired of mofo's hiding being money discussions to not make fights...and b*t*h @ss fans eating that shhh up. Make the fights we want or fk off. PERIOD. PROCEED.

Comment

"Close to 300k".

So, 220?

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              Only sissies (Brits) use words like pounds and notes in regards to money. I'm American and I'll proudly say that currency equals 15 dollars,and their isn't a darn thing you can do about it. We use pounds as it relates to weight and we write notes. The way god intended, the end.
              You are typing in English. You use pounds, which came from a British / English unit.

Your culture is heavily influenced by British people.

So shut your God damn mouth boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                But when floyd vs berto did 400k that was a flop hahahaha! When you have black skin like floyd even 900k is called a flop by racist fat bums like dan rafael!
                400k was a flop for mayweather who is a huge star. Also with his guarantee, 400k times 70 brings in 28 Mil. Half of that is gone because you have to share it with a few fingers. The show may even make a lost once everyone is paid.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  You are typing in English. You use pounds, which came from a British / English unit.

Your culture is heavily influenced by British people.

So shut your God damn mouth boy.
                  Not more than yours. You guys buy our movies,music,clothing,cars,etc. All whilst calling us a bunch of fat Yanks, bloody mad is what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                    Lol, you asked does any other boxer sell that much (300k) right now, you didn't say anything about 1million ppv's.my answer to you was yes, Pac and Cotto. You must be confusing my post with someone else's.
                    Hahah geezus. Just read my first post again. You clearly only read just the first half. Also good job bringing up a fight from like 3 years ago. I was talking about the present

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      sources ive heard told me it was nearer the 100k mark... so quit lying you tranny
                      What sources are those?

Comment

Working...
                      X