No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I just don't see why avenging loss's to McCall and Rahaman are impressive. If shouldn't need two attempts let alone getting sparked out by them.

Agree with Mercer, close fight I had Mercer winning but can't complain with the decision. I was just responding to the dominance argument. IMO between 94-04 he lost 3 times, twice being knocked out by dead average fighters.

Sure fire HOF'er, I don't dispute that. Just not a great fighter, IMO.
    Yeah it's unfortunate he lost to those two but he did avenge them. But yeah, it knocks him down a couple pegs.

That said, he holds wins over those two guys and a slew of HW's. Klitschko, Holyfield, Mercer, Golota, Tua, Grant, Ruddock, etc etc. We can agree he's a HOF'er. I guess for me, his style at his peak is what makes him great. He was tough, quick, devastating power in both hands, could fight inside or out, great jab, threw to the body and was so damn light on his feet for a guy his size. I would've liked to have seen him in other eras.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I didn't think so

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        The only thing this thread does is increase the Legend of Lennox Claudius Lewis To epic proportions.

Every post you guys submit, positive or negative, adds another stine to his tower of greatness.Like Ali before him, his career gets more appreciated with age.

Thank you all for your support.
        This post shows just how you are hurting inside mate. Lennox Lewis has been well and truly exposed on this thread. It is now agreed that Lewis level of opposition was nothing other than Class C fighters, Journeyman and steroid abusers..

It is now agreed that Lewis by his own admission, avoided almost every fighter who was "At the top of their game" throughout the 1990s..

It is now agreed in this thread, that Lewis beat Mike Tyson when Tyson was nothing but a "Zombie" due to his drug addiction.

It has now been established here on this thread, That Lewis was never dominant in any shape or form during his championship years 1992-1999 with his 99-2003 period being nothing more than a freak show. Grant, Botha, Tyson & Rahman all unworthy of a championship bout.

Joeyzags... it is now noticable just how few members post on this subject, compared to last week. Which i can only put down to Lewis being exposed as nothing other than mediocre.

The only people who see Lewis as a Legend are You and Lewis himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          The only people who see Lewis as a Legend are You and Lewis himself.
          and actual Heavyweight Legends.

The opinion of trolls like you and Irondan matter very little in the long run.

Comment

Yeah I'm a troll coming from a guy who says Gary Mason hits harder than George Foreman because his KO% is higher.

I've been open to debate the enitre thread and have done so with a few members and had good back and forth.

Comment

Foreman is nothing but a bull sitter.. Foreman is envious of Muhammad Ali and will say anything to rubbish Ali being labeled the greatest.

Comment

The difference between me and you Joey, is that you was not born during the 1992-99 period, i was. You can only go by YouTube and Boxrec, whereas i can clearly recall Lewis career. From him turning pro to him running off scared of Vitali into retirement. You are still under the age of 21yrs with your knowledge of this sports history one-step up from zero... You are just a little boy who keeps popping up, from time to time. making claims of Lewis greatness by posting ridiculous comments.

Comment

You are very much mistaken and you once again expose yourself for the umpteenth time.

Why do you think Tony Tucker was the WBC Champion? Here's why, because you typed in "Lennox Lewis" on Boxrec, scrolled down and saw that when he fought Tony Tucker in 1993 that the WBC Title was on the line and assumed that Tony Tucker was defending the WBC title against Lennox Lewis. As any other "Boxrec Warrior" like yourself would.

If you knew anything about Boxing at that particular time, which clearly you do not, you would know that Riddick Bowe threw the WBC title in the bin (vacated it) when Bowe and Lewis couldn't make a deal, so the WBC upgraded Lewis to WBC Champion and Lewis then made his first defence against Tony Tucker.
                  Yep, after beating Razor Ruddock. I believe that was Lewis' coming out party. I remember him getting more HBO coverage after that win.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Yes, your correct Dan. The bottom line is, that no matter which way you look at it. Lewis picked a belt out of the bin in 93 lost it to a journeyman in 94. fought that same journeyman for a vacant title in 97. was gifted the Undisputed titles in late 99 when awarded a very dubious, debatable decision. Lewis then lost the titles to another mediocre journeyman. Regained it from that journeyman, then refused to fight the No1 contenders, so was stripped of all belts.. There is no other way of looking at Lewis career other than through "Rose-Tinted Glasses"..In reality Lewis claim to being a genuine World Champion is his debatable decision win over old Holyfield in November 1999. Lewis title defences of that title are farcical. As his opponents were nothing but hand-picked low-level fighters. With Lewis being stripped of his belts for refusal to fight the No1 contenders.. Lewis fans always paint a different picture to the reality of how it unfolded.
                    Stripped of most belts. You said you ranked Lewis top 10-12 or 10-15 right?

Comment

I just don't see why avenging loss's to McCall and Rahaman are impressive. If shouldn't need two attempts let alone getting sparked out by them.

Agree with Mercer, close fight I had Mercer winning but can't complain with the decision. I was just responding to the dominance argument. IMO between 94-04 he lost 3 times, twice being knocked out by dead average fighters.

Sure fire HOF'er, I don't dispute that. Just not a great fighter, IMO.
                      While I agree somewhat about losing to guys like that in the first place,, I don't agree with lennox just being good and not great...

The guy is great.. I don't think you can be a legit hof'er and not be great..

Guy got knocked out in stay busy fights vs some pretty decent world class punchers.. In all his big fights, outside of the bruno vitali and mercer fight, lennox absolutely dominated, and he never lost a big fight..
                      Great fighters will have some hiccups during their career.. Barrera, winky, moore, all had career lowlights, but doesn't take away from their greatness

Comment

Working...
                      X