No announcement yet.

Golovkin admits he wants NO PART of Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    ward is no where near as talented as a prime roy jones jr. if golovkin won't take on a ward challenge no way in hell would he take on a prime roy challenge (you're dreaming in lala land) he got uneasy when even lara started talking ****. what can't you understand? hopkins got his big name at 160 (prime roy) thats before he went on his title run. after he loss so lopsided they slowed him down and made him start from the drawing board. he did more sparring, training, running. they literally built him back up. thats not a comparable situation to golovkin who's in a crap division and there are no roy jones jr's to speak of.
    LOL

-Golovkin has been trying to fight the best 160 pounders for years. Obviously he has a goal at 160.

-No ***** there is no Roy Jones (the point flew over your head as usual). My point was he's fighting at 160 and wants the best. He wanted a prime Sergio Martinez who certainly would have been the favorite at that time.

-Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones was not a big fight. It was an undercard fight that no one cared about as Hopkins was essentially an unknown at the time. It was very early in their careers. He got $70,000 for that fight (his manager took the rest). Hopkins was still working at an auto repair shop at that time he wasn't even a full time fighter yet.

-Hopkins didn't get a big name until Trinidad. 8/9 years after fighting Jones.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 07-28-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

hopkins got his superstar mega fight at 160. he just couldn't win it (roy jones jr) after that loss he went back to the drawing board and begin to slowly build himself up back again (his trainer even said this) hints some of the weak op. where do we see a prime roy jones jr. in golovkins devision right now? where is this opportunity? i don't see it, all i see is cotto (who's not gonna fight him)
      LOL....Roy Jones wasn't a superstar megafight. It was a fight between two young prospects.

Comment

and also. for ward. I WANT ward to fight kovalev. just not before he fights golovkin because i know when he moves up to 175 there will be 0 chance to ever see that fight.........get a clue
        Why? Have fighters not moved up and down in weight before? And maybe GGG fans want to see him against Cotto or Canelo first.

The excuses from both sides are so weak

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Having a bigger purse has absolutely nothing to do with the audience you draw. Floyd gets a huge purse too, you are telling me once these next 2 or 3 fights are over Showtime will give him another 32 million guarantee for 6 more fights? Each Ward fight loses money, no wonder him and his promoters are having problems. You would think he would take a fight with GGG simply because less money is still more than no money.
          If having a bigger purse has nothing to do with the audience you draw why even being it up to justify GGG deserving more money based on the fact he draws more? Also Floyd's guaranted contract has nothing to do with this situation as there are no similarities I don't even know why even bring it up.

The truth is HBO has no one to blame but themeselves for Ward asking for a bigger purse. He was paid 2 mill for a tuneup fight in Ontario, CA. One would expect to make more money fighting a bigger name in a bigger venue. They set the precedence and based on that he has every right to ask for more money.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            LOL

-Golovkin has been trying to fight the best 160 pounders for years. Obviously he has a goal at 160.

-No ***** there is no Roy Jones (the point flew over your head as usual). My point was he's fighting at 160 and wants the best. He wanted a prime Sergio Martinez who certainly would have been the favorite at that time.

-Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones was not a big fight. It was an undercard fight that no one cared about as Hopkins was essentially an unknown at the time. It was very early in their careers. He got $70,000 for that fight (his manager took the rest).

-Hopkins didn't get a big name until Trinidad. 8/9 years after fighting Jones.
            first of all sergio has't been primed for like 8 years now. (he's been riddled with injuries) thats the version of sergio that golovkin has been calling out (fact)

& i didn't mean "money" wise. i didn't say hopkins vs jones was a big money fight. it was glory and legacy fight. the heavyweight division was very much on top and the lower weights weren't making nearly as much money (unless you were a mega star like ray Leonerd) that was a huge fight and both men knew it (risk wise. name wise, and talent) hopkins lost and had to regroup his career. thats not the same as golovkin sitting in a division thats dead. hopkins wanted the legacy the big names the glory fights. but he loss so lopsidedly that he had to re group..........if he wants money he could fight froch in the u.k. and he would get the legacy too. he's proven himself already that he's above the solimans. boxing is about challenging yourself too. it's not just about money and being a fanboy.......

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              So by this logic Bernard Hopkins shouldn't have stayed at 160 to unify and make history. He had to fight plenty of Robert Allen's and Syd Vanderpools before he got the huge fights.
              Under your logic, Sergio Martinez should have stayed at 154 and wait around at where nobody wanted to fight him in a really weak division instead of moving up when given a good opportunity?

You don't think Hopkins would have taken a fight a 168 if he was given good opportunity against a name? Golovkin doesn't even have to stay at 168. Just take the Ward fight and come back down. That was what he was probably planning if the Rodriguez, Oosthuizen, and Chavez fights went through.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-28-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                LOL....Roy Jones wasn't a superstar megafight. It was a fight between two young prospects.
                prospects...........hummmmmm jones had just beaten Jorge Castro (who was top 10) and he had over 20 fights under his belt.

the same for hopkins. he had over 20 fights.

hard FAIL.
                Last edited by Godsfly; 07-28-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

first of all sergio has't been primed for like 8 years now. (he's been riddled with injuries) thats the version of sergio that golovkin has been calling out (fact)
                  8 years huh? So Martinez was prime when he was fighting Oliver Tchinda and Vasile Surcica and Past Prime when he fought Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik, etc.?

& i didn't mean "money" wise.
                  You said "Superstar Mega Fight"

i didn't say hopkins vs jones was a big money fight. it was glory and legacy fight.
                  In 1993, how in the world could this have been a legacy and glory fight when neither had accomplished anything? LOL. Again, no one thought much of Hopkins in 1993. He was just seen as a prospect. No legacy in that. It was a vacant title. Hopkins fought 26-14 Gulbert Baptist and 12-14 Eric Rhinehart before Jones!
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

prospects...........hummmmmm jones had just beaten Jorge Castro (who was top 5) and had over 20 fights under his belt.

the same for hopkins. he had over 20 fights.

hard FAIL.
                    It was the first title fight for either guy but it was a "superstar mega fight"?

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      8 years huh? So Martinez was prime when he was fighting Oliver Tchinda and Vasile Surcica and Past Prime when he fought Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik, etc.?

You said "Superstar Mega Fight"

In 1993, how in the world could this have been a legacy and glory fight when neither had accomplished anything? LOL. Again, no one thought much of Hopkins in 1993. He was just seen as a prospect. No legacy in that.

it's a teeth in cheek comment. like an exaggeration. "he hasn't been primed for like 15 40 years" you obviously didn't get that.

golovkin has been calling for this version of martinez (injuries) how is martinez prime with injuries?

superstar mega fight as in the glory.......when did i say anything about money? if fraizer and ali fought without all of the lights and glamor (and money) that would still be a mega fight to me considering the names and the talent thats in that ring at the time. the skills (get a clue)

roy had the better resume at the time and he was ranked. people were saying that roy hadn't fought anyone who could really challenge him so hopkins was suppose to be that. roy skipped over him and everyone said "hopkins was never much of anything anyway" they said the same thing about toney. roy went on to beat toney in 4 more fights after hopkins (pretty much the same roy who had just beaten hopkins) and people said "toney was trash anyway" boxing is also about what have you done afterwards too. hopkins went on his title run at middleweight and roy went on to dominate 168. that was a legacy fight...........

get. over. it.
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 07-28-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X