Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Froch vs Yusaf Mack look "strange" to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    as for the body shot: check out the end of the fight (link is below) and then tell me this doesnt look FAKE AS HELL. yes, Mack gets hit with big bodyshots, BUT: he doesnt go down, he throws a decent punch back (which misses) and only then he goes down. If you get hit with brutal bodyshots you usually drop immediately. yes, the bodyshots were hard, BUT MACK TOOK THEM AND EVEN PUNCHED BACK, and after that he goes down. cant help it guys, I just watched the end again. it looks FAKE to me. sorry guys. here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvk1c...eature=g-all-f
    That doesn't look fake. And guys don't necessarily go straight down when hit with a good body shot. Delayed reactions are probably more common with body shots than head shots, because when a head shot robs a fighter of his equilibrium it tends to have a more immediate effect on his legs.

Look at Mack's immediate reaction to the first straight right hand that lands to his body. He crumples over for a second before regaining his footing. When watching the fight I knew straight away he was hurt from that shot, which he didn't see coming. Then look at his right leg when he gets hit with the follow up left hook to the body. These are subtle yet clear signs that a fighter is hurt.
    Last edited by TouchyAndalou; 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

No, Mack always gets stopped when he fights better opponents, he has no durability while Froch is a hard puncher. Him not running up a recent string of ko's is due to him constantly fighting world class opposition.

Comment

Just look at the body shot Khan administered on Maidana. There is, more often than not, a delayed reaction.

Just accept it was a good shot, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Just look at the body shot Khan administered on Maidana. There is, more often than not, a delayed reaction.

Just accept it was a good shot, FFS.
          I know bodyshots can cause delayed reactions. but usually during that delay pple dont punch back. they get hit and a little bit later they go down. but Mack was punching back AFTER he took the bodyshot and THEN he went down. that is very unusual. usually u just stand there during the delay doing nothing but try to keep standing

Comment

You must not have seen the slow motion replay of those last two body shots that he KO'd him with. They were full force punches to the body but Skysports or w/e had a bad camera angle.

Comment

FFS .. What do some fighters have to do to get some respect with some of yoou guys?

Froch has a KO% of 69%

Put that in perspective.
              Ray Robinson considered by many the GOAT was 69%
              Julio Cesar Chavez 68%
              Roberto Duran 66%
              Muhammed Ali 60%

Active P4P
              Mayweather 60%
              Ward 53%
              Manny Pacquiao 63%
              Tim Bradley 40%
              JMM 64%

Please stop talking out of your ass OP

Comment

Not at all, the punches he received at the end were devastating. The left hook landed with massive power, you can see how he froze for a second, tried to punch Froch and then felt the pain and couldn't get up again.

When I saw that he was hurt from that left hand I knew that he wasn't going to get up.

Comment

Nope, after the run of fights Froch has had, Yusef Mack is nothing, and that's exactly how it looked in the ring

Comment

A LHW came down to SMW and got beat up....... The weight loss couldn't have helped added on to the fact Mack isn't very good

Comment

I always told if you know a fighters having trouble with the weight, first thing to do is go to that body.

He was coming down from light heavyweight & looked small in there like he had trained for speed. It was a great series of bodyshots and Froch's trademark uppercut actually. We were discussing on here about his uppercut to the body (see Dodson, Magee fights)

Comment

Working...
                      X