Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a fight on 2 days notice against someone 4-0 and got the W!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a fight on 2 days notice against someone 4-0 and got the W!

After my last fight and camp I had a few (fairly minor but annoying) injuries. So I have only really trained sparingly over the past couple of months. Hamstring tendonitis was the worst of it.

About 2-3 weeks ago I started training boxing again, and got in maybe 2 sparring sessions (last one a week before my fight on Saturday and one on the Thursday before that). Really trained hard for the first time this past wednesday (the day I found out about the fight), did 4-3 min rds of sprints and 3-3 minute rds of plyo med ball work. Was a bit worried I'd be sore for the fight on Saturday but worked out. I tried a bit of a new style to conserve energy and I felt pretty good going into the 3rd.

Should've got the decision for my last fight, so really should be 3-1 now, but got my second official win today on 2 days notice against an opponent who was 4-0.

Video: https://youtu.be/5GqYjFgmT8Q
    Last edited by tcbender; 06-10-2019, 08:35 AM.

Congrats man

Comment

Looking forward to the video.

Comment

After my last fight and camp I had a few (fairly minor but annoying) injuries. So I have only really trained sparingly over the past couple of months. Hamstring tendonitis was the worst of it.

About 2-3 weeks ago I started training boxing again, and got in maybe 2 sparring sessions (last one a week before my fight on Saturday and one on the Thursday before that). Really trained hard for the first time this past wednesday (the day I found out about the fight), did 4-3 min rds of sprints and 3-3 minute rds of plyo med ball work. Was a bit worried I'd be sore for the fight on Saturday but worked out. I tried a bit of a new style to conserve energy and I felt pretty good going into the 3rd.

Video: https://youtu.be/5GqYjFgmT8Q

Definitely won't say it was the prettiest performance, loading up too much, but w/e glad I got the fight in and another win. Def hit him with a lot of good shots, wish I had a bit more gas to follow up sometimes but really was worried about my gassing out with the lack of running/training.

Comment

Nice win! Congrats. Looks like your opponent had a height and reach advantage but it didn't seem to bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
            Nice win! Congrats. Looks like your opponent had a height and reach advantage but it didn't seem to bother you.
            Thanks man.

He had a pretty nice jab, was able to time it right when I was throwing mine and we'd basically trade jabs, but he didn't use it all that often. I tried to stay inside and could tell he wasn't that comfortable, but he did a good job of clenching me up.

So far everyone I've fought has been quite a bit taller than me (and most have been heavier), this guy was at least the same weight as me.

Comment

Awesome man - Gonna check out the vid over the week-end!

Comment

Originally posted by DONTRAY View Post
                Looking forward to the video.
                Posted!

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
                Congrats man
                Thanks Rahat!

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                  Posted!

Thanks Rahat!
                  YES!!!!