No announcement yet.

How mich does PED affect a fighters legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How mich does PED affect a fighters legacy

Holyfield for example one of the greatest fighters to lace up gloves he ducked legit no one beat some atg and lost to some Fought in 3 diffrent weights but we all know when he got to Heavyweight he was Juicer how does this affect him?

It doesn’t Roy Jones is still the GOAT

Comment

It doesn't if you assume they are ALL on drugs. Some more than others obviously.

Comment

It doesn’t impact them at all.

You mentioned Evander Holyfield and someone else mentioned Roy Jones. I also think of James Toney and Shane Mosley.

If you bring up those names, anyone would talk about how they’re each arguably the greatest fighter in the generation they fought, not steroids.

Comment

For Canelo people will always look on his catch weights and gifts decisions alongside the "Mexican Meat" as very suspicious.

Comment

Depends who you ask. I take PED use very much in to account. Take Canelo. He got busted but how longs he been doing it going up through the weights. I wouldnt be surprised if they started after the Floyd loss. Thats a big chunk of his career including many fights that define his legacy. He could of only done it the once or he could of been at it for years. Tarnished legacy if you ask me. Some people will give him a pass on it.

Roy Jones Jr. Goes down as one of the best ever yet his prime years he was pedded up to the eyeballs. What do you do with that? It seems the answer is nothing apparently.

Comment

Depends on when someone was caught.

If its during their prime it should impact them more than if they were caught in their later years. Although there is a slight issue with catching someone older if there is some reason to think they've used for most of their career & just avoided detection.

Also I think the reasonableness with how malicious the usage was is in play. Like the Canelo thing has at least some argument he legit didn't know he took it, how much you believe or don't believe him is a whole other thing. The Big Baby thing is inexcusable cuz you can't just accidently ingest some of the sh^t he got popped with.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                Depends who you ask. I take PED use very much in to account. Take Canelo. He got busted but how longs he been doing it going up through the weights. I wouldnt be surprised if they started after the Floyd loss. Thats a big chunk of his career including many fights that define his legacy. He could of only done it the once or he could of been at it for years. Tarnished legacy if you ask me. Some people will give him a pass on it.

Roy Jones Jr. Goes down as one of the best ever yet his prime years he was pedded up to the eyeballs. What do you do with that? It seems the answer is nothing apparently.
                Any proof of that Roy Jones claim? Seems you forgot to mention the guy in your avi as well

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Any proof of that Roy Jones claim? Seems you forgot to mention the guy in your avi as well
                  https://nypost.com/2004/02/29/fists-...eroid-problem/

Comment

I already know about the Ripped Fuel crap, both Jones and his opponent tested positive for taking the exact same over the counter supplement and never tested positive again. The poster I was responding to said Jones took steroids during the entirety of his prime years which there is no proof of whatsoever

Comment

Working...
                    X