Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will it take for Tyson Fury to be considered an ATG heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will it take?

One right hand and a sweet dream.

Because he'll only become an ATG in his dreams.

Comment

I don't think he is great and at his age he won't get much better. He didn't look great beating very old Wlad or getting dropped hard by Cunningham. He doesn't have great power, a great chin or throw that many punches. Nothing really great about him that I see I think he is a decent heavyweight in a time of average heavyweights. I pick Wilder to win the rematch.

Comment

It's going to take a lot. He's the Riddick Bowe of this era.

That makes him good, but not great. Maybe he could have been great, but he blew it.

Comment

He’s a cheater his legacy is tarnished. Cheated against Wilder and now cheating against Schwarz. No testing for this fight. Without roids he wouldn’t be able to keep a fighter off of him with his subpar power and suspect chin

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            He can stop fighting the Five cans for every one good fight

Fury also tested for PEDS
            They keep purposely ignoring this

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              You were 50/50, i was convinced!!!

Shout out to kafkod & LoadedWraps as well, the original Fury massive!

He's already the best HW of this era.
              Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              That's true, we were a few believers.
              It was hard work being a Fury fan at this place back then, when the consensus opinion was that he was nothing but a big, loud mouthed, glass jawed idiot who would get get KTFO as soon as he fought anybody with a pulse.

I think he has ATG level ability, bit it takes more than ability and talent to become an ATG. It takes longevity - not just scaling the heights but staying there for a number of years, winning titles and defending them against the best men of your era, and looking good while doing it.

I'm not sure if Tyson has the right mentality to do that. He doesn't seem to think he has anything to prove, either to himself or anybody else. I can see him having 3 or 4 good wins, with good paydays, then thinking to himself that he's done enough, earned enough, so fck it, time to move on and do something else..

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                It was hard work being a Fury fan at this place back then, when the consensus opinion was that he was nothing but a big, loud mouthed, glass jawed idiot who would get get KTFO as soon as he fought anybody with a pulse.

I think he has ATG level ability, bit it takes more than ability and talent to become an ATG. It takes longevity - not just scaling the heights but staying there for a number of years, winning titles and defending them against the best men of your era, and looking good while doing it.

I'm not sure if Tyson has the right mentality to do that. He doesn't seem to think he has anything to prove, either to himself or anybody else. I can see him having 3 or 4 good wins, with good paydays, then thinking to himself that he's done enough, earned enough, so fck it, time to move on and do something else..
                Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  He's already gone to Germany and beaten Klitschko when nobody thought he could (except for me, check threads )

He went to America and should have gotten a win against Wilder, when not many thought he could.

If he beats Wilder in a rematch, beat Joshua and maybe Ruiz or whoever may be holding some belts and becomes undisputed.

Would you consider him an ATG heavyweight?

I would.
                  lol that is not true. you said he was a live dog or something like that, but you were never convinced he'd beat wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    lol that is not true. you said he was a live dog or something like that, but you were never convinced he'd beat wlad.
                    The only people convinced were me, kafkod, wraps and Fury4daWin who doesn't post anymore.

Fury was written off as a complete bum and 99% of the forum thought that Wlad would end him early.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      The only people convinced were me, kafkod, wraps and Fury4daWin who doesn't post anymore.

Fury was written off as a complete bum and 99% of the forum thought that Wlad would end him early.
                      think i even wanted to make a real money bet with you lol. glad it never happened. you were shook

Comment

Working...
                      X