Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 dead, multiple injured after mass shooting at Virginia Beach Municipal Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody please find a full shooting video like the one from new zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Are we the only country with shootings and murders?
      Yes, we are the only ‘first world’ country that accepts this as normal

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Murder is normal

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Imo too many gun laws.

If you have more lawful and legally trained gun owners, they would have a chance to shoot him before that many people get killed.

But noooooooo. Gun is bad (caveman voice)
          I'm extremely pro-gun, but I don't think gun laws, too little or too many, have much to do with it.

I see two screaming factors:

1. The media intentionally sensationalizes mass shootings knowing the motive of the mass shooter was media coverage. When the media had higher standards we simply didn't have a "mass shooting trend" because there would be minimal reward for the perp.

2. There are no truly multicultural countries without widespread violence and extremism because internal intergroup conflict inevitably take priority over external military conflict. It's just a reality the US, UK etc chose knowing what they were getting in to.

There is a correlation between higher gun ownership/looser gun laws and lower shooting rates both in the US globally, but it's a chicken vs egg deal. The stricter gun laws tend to be a kneejerk reaction after intergroup conflict becomes commonplace.

Comment

How would you say we accept it as normal?

Gun deaths are still way, way down since the 1990s and mass shootings remain an extremely rare way to die even as a subsection of our historically low gun homicide.

If you subtract outlier cities like New Orleans/Chicago/Detroit our homicide rate drops to below the EU avg. Rural & suburban America are still among the safest places to live in the world.

I think the opposite has taken place. The politicization of the shootings has resulted in each shooting receiving disproportionately high publicity.

- "What religion were they? Should we abolish the 2nd amendment?" weren't relevant topics in the 1970s. There minimal political value in milking every shooting story way past its expiration date. This in turn created less incentive for the perps.

- I think we've deliberately de-normalized something that is unfortunately quite normal (a certain number of criminal murder sprees in a very large and relatively free country) as a symptom of "Someone should do something" activism. No matter how statistically insignificant the problem and regardless of whether shooting casualties have increased or decreased, it's almost irresistible for milliosn to Tweet a "How many more must die before someone does something???".

Comment

when a longtime employee gets fired he must be monitored until he gets on his feet.. thats my rule. u cant just fire mofos and expect them to adjust to a jobless life. this is of course my belief on what happened here.

Comment

I got an alert about an active shooter on my phone. Didn't realize so many died.

Comment

They like to take their time showing the shooters face when he's not a white male.

Comment

Why do we have to have this madness in our country?
                    I’d die for them all.. I’d smash that idiot... x I fear only GOD.
                    When he GOD takes me.... I pray to him.... I make no sound. God is merciful. I pray I make no noise

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      Murder is normal
                      Yes it’s a part of life..... you always my homie. Homie... respect

Comment

Working...
                      X