Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout Says He Will Trie To Keep Cotto Away(AKA Running)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
    I had a dream about this fight the other night.

Cotto was pressuring Trout non-stop and ended the fight with a barrage of body punches. Hopefully, this is how it plays out!

VAMOS MIGUEL!!
    I hope you're right. It would be awesome to see Miguel get back to his old ways and work on the body more. I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Can he really do that against Cotto? Does Trout know there is not a better fighter in boxing today at cutting down the ring and trapping you? Cotto aint your normal pressure fighter. Cotto can cut down that ring, he doesnt follow you around he CUTS down the ring and traps you.

Would you like him to stand in front of Cotto and play into Cotto's advantages?

Comment

To try a clinching/infighting game with cotto would be disastrous for trout imo. He needs to use his reach and have a high output, with a steady diet of uppercuts. Unfortunately for trout, i dont see this ending too well for him. Im not sure if he'll be ko'd, he's a young game fighter, whos fighting for alot, who can probably take the punishment. But he is gonna be hit hard and often.

If i had to predict, id say a corner stoppage somewhere around the 10th/11th round.

Comment

that's a good plan coz that's the only way trout can win, if he boxes on the back foot and times cotto coming in. if it turns into an infighting exchange, trout will lose. cotto does tend to gas out in the late rounds, if trout can hold cotto at bay long enough, he might just win this

Comment

I disagree.........

Hey man. Good post but I disagree with this............:"Cotto isn't what he once was"

I think this is the best version of him thus far. His defense has vastly improved. He hasn't cut in 5-6 fights. His trainer has a degree in Sports Science and that has been the difference I think. His unique training methods have him better conditioned and smarter than ever. The Cotto that fought Cheeto the first time, Clottey, and Paquiao is not better than the Cotto that fought Cheeto the second time or Paquiao or Mayweather. He's a totally different fighter and his confidence says so. He is harder to hit and doesn't get caught up in stupid exchanges anymore. Kudos to the late Emanuel Steward who got him started on this path defensively. He simply told Cotto that he could not afford to get cut anymore and that if he paid more attention to his defense, he could prolong his career. So I would say that's exactly what has happened.

Comment

Trout will show the world hes ready for the next level. Cotto going down

Comment

That is what Trout does, expecting him to do different is not being real. It is also why Cotto will likely beat him, unless Trout is way better at that style than I have seen so far.

Comment

You guys are going to be shocked Saturday Night because that is not how Trout fights AT ALL, Trout is extremely slick and slippery fighting inside as well, I don't see him running nor do I see him allowing himself to get trapped against the Ropes

that dude is outstanding moving laterally, so what he will probably do is CIRCLE

Love Cotto...but I got Trout winning this or at least getting robbed
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Can he really do that against Cotto? Does Trout know there is not a better fighter in boxing today at cutting down the ring and trapping you? Cotto aint your normal pressure fighter. Cotto can cut down that ring, he doesnt follow you around he CUTS down the ring and traps you.
                    Kinda funny. I viewed a video yesterday, of trout saying cotto is the weakest link at 154. He also said cotto would be an easy win for him lol.

Comment

Lolno.

Trout is a young prime slickster. Trout will beat Cotto unless he gets robbed. Cotto nor Trout have enough power at 154 to get a KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X