Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which victory is more meaningful? JMM's over Casamayor or Calzaghe's over Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which victory is more meaningful? JMM's over Casamayor or Calzaghe's over Jones?

Seeing a lot of posts saying Calzaghe should move up to #2 because of his victory over Jones. I'd like to see the reasoning behind such thoughts and which the majority on this board feel that is a more meaningful victory.
    JMM's victory over Casamayor
    79.41%
    Calzaghe's victory over Jones
    20.59%

Marquez easy. Not only is casamayor better then jones at this stage of his career, his fight prior was a close as it gets loss to the #1 p4p fighter.

JMM clearly should be at #2.

Comment

Casamayor is past his best but was no way as past it as Jones.

Compare their performances in each of the fights and i think that should give you the answer.

Comment

JMM, and it's not close!

Comment

Marquez hands down. He beat the Ring Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Seeing a lot of posts saying Calzaghe should move up to #2 because of his victory over Jones. I'd like to see the reasoning behind such thoughts and which the majority on this board feel that is a more meaningful victory.
            That was one of the best Casa I've seen. Better then the Casa that faced Kat...I even had Casa ahead untill he got K.O'd. Altough, JMM won...Casa put up a really good fight and was actally beating JMM to the punch

Comment

LMAO. JMM easy.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez fought a competitive fight against a man who was the ring champion at the time and just came from defeating a young undefeated belt holder. Cassamayor wasn't that shot as some people suggest, despite he wasn't the same, he looked better than Jones.

Comment

Reasoning = joes ballsack obscuring reality.

I've been saying for THREE years at least Jones is shot.

Comment

JMM's win over casa was way more meaningful than a win over a shot roy jones. at the very least, at the VERY LEAST JMM and Casa was a competitive fight and it was JMM's first fight at 135. it was a punch for punch fight until the ko. calzaghe jones was a glorified sparring match, why do you think that those two are talking rematch, because it was easy and basically money for nothing, compared to having to really train and fight a real competitor......

JMM vs Casa is way more meaningful.

now had calzaghe and jones fought at least 6 years ago, then it would be another story, but that aint the case..........is it!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                    X