Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: To Talk Low Blows, Must Mention Kovalev's Rabbit Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    you have a boxer and a clincher. you have to ref the fight according to the rules. just because one fighter lieks to cheat doesnt mean you should let him do it because it would take away his advantage wtf is that!

wrong. the ref drew a line in the middle of kovs belt and said anything below is low. ward kept hitting him below that line. kovalev had every right to complain. the ref was letting ward get away with illegal shots accordign to his own rules.
    Ward had numerous warnings earlier in the fight for holding and low blows. But in some instances, Kovalev was complaining about legitimate body shots. He didn't want a fairly officiated fight. He wanted to discourage Ward from throwing to the body because that body attack bothered him.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      if Ward was a dirty fighter, or even really desperate, he would have drilled Kovalev when he had the chance instead of holding back
      That's what I've been saying....why would he let kovalev off, and show restraint? If he was truly a dirty fighter he wouldn't have given weeks the opportunity to call a low shot that wasn't low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        So if the final punch wasn't the reason the fight was stopped you wouldn't have as much of a problem with the stoppage?
        Well the ref didn't stop it until that punch. It reminded me abit of Froch Groves 1,except Groves had been hurt to the head by a few more shots. Yeah he bent forward, the shots that he bent from were borderline too. Maybe he was gonna complain about them. But the last one that folded him was definitely low, and that's the one the ref decided was the clincher. It was simply a foul. He should've had time to recover from it. Then the fight continues. There'd be none of this controversy. If he'd took an 8 round pasting I might think OK that's enough, but it was a decent fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          What danger was he in then? Other than not being able to have any more kids?
          Seriously bro...and I say this with the utmost respect.

If you can come in here not trolling, but with a straight face, amd say Kovalev was not in any trouble, you need to log off, pack your laptop, return it to Best Buy.

Of all the b.s. that's been posted in the last 24 hours, NOBODY other than you has said Kovalev wasn't even in trouble.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....youre obviously trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            no they werent legal. thats the whole problem. the ref said the bottom of the belt was low and then ward kept hitting him there. just because the ref ignored his own rules doesnt mean we should. thats kind of the whole problem. boxing fans pretend like the refs/judges are on the up and up. if he was on the up and up he would have followed his own rules but he overlooked wards cheating which helped him win.
            My last reply. You seem to ignore my and others facts and educated perspectives and reply saying the same thing using different words. That's a tell tale sign that you are emotionally biased on the matter.

You my friend are in denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
              Kovalev got caught with a nice ass right hand to the face that had Kovalev dazed and a then hit him with 3 nice as body shots. The guy was done. I will say it again Kovalev's career was saved.
              The first part is right but the last part sounds like a Trump speech. The shots were two borderline and one low. No amount of spin can change were the last shot landed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                That's what I've been saying....why would he let kovalev off, and show restraint? If he was truly a dirty fighter he wouldn't have given weeks the opportunity to call a low shot that wasn't low.
                You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Well the ref didn't stop it until that punch. It reminded me abit of Froch Groves 1,except Groves had been hurt to the head by a few more shots. Yeah he bent forward, the shots that he bent from were borderline too. Maybe he was gonna complain about them. But the last one that folded him was definitely low, and that's the one the ref decided was the clincher. It was simply a foul. He should've had time to recover from it. Then the fight continues. There'd be none of this controversy. If he'd took an 8 round pasting I might think OK that's enough, but it was a decent fight.
                  Watch the sequence again. He was folded before the last one. Hell the picture in the article shows Kovalev folded as the punch is landing. The fight was stopped because kovalev was not intelligently defending himself. The final punch only had to land, it's impact was not considered.

Comment

The ref doesn't have the benefit of instant replay to make judgement on "borderline" punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      The haters ain't saying **** about the Kovalev's fouling.

Rabbit Punches are far more dangerous than low blows.
                      I agree 100% people see what the want to see. They'll complain about low blows but won't say **** about the rabbit punching. They justify it by saying Ward stopped him with a low blow which isn't fair and Kovalev didn't stop him with a rabbit punch so that makes the rabbit punches ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X