Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you people explain what fight you were watching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing scoring is subjective. There's no scoreboard in this "sport". A basket doesn't equal 2 points and a goal isn't one point.

You dudes drive yourselves crazy trying to shove your opinions as facts down everybody's throats. These 7-5/8-4 fights can be swung in the other direction by disagreements on a round or 2.

It all comes down to a combination of who and what you like better.

Both these guys fought well and will go on to earn multi-million dollar paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      The stuff being posted on this site is freaking crazy, I am actually in shock (but then again, this is NSB).

I was at the fight and there was absolutely no vibe of Danny possibly getting the decision. If he HAD had got it, it would itself have been a huge robbery.
      Even Jacobs thinks he won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        The stuff being posted on this site is freaking crazy, I am actually in shock (but then again, this is NSB).

I was at the fight and there was absolutely no vibe of Danny possibly getting the decision. If he HAD had got it, it would itself have been a huge robbery.
        Close loss to GGG is the biggest "win" of Jacobs' career.
        Hope to see him back in the ring this Summer in a big fight and not go inactive until next year

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Boxing scoring is subjective. There's no scoreboard in this "sport". A basket doesn't equal 2 points and a goal isn't one point.

You dudes drive yourselves crazy trying to shove your opinions as facts down everybody's throats. These 7-5/8-4 fights can be swung in the other direction by disagreements on a round or 2.

It all comes down to a combination of who and what you like better.

Both these guys fought well and will go on to earn multi-million dollar paydays.
          This may be the most mature response I have ever seen in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
            I'm trying to figure out where did GGG out land Jacobs vs it wasn't in the ring tonight.
            Golovkin 233-of-618 (38%)
            Jacobs 176-of-542 (32%)

Comment

Cruiserweight. Looooool.

Nice reach. He quite reasonably arguably lost to Pirog's leftovers and looked like shit.

Accept it.

Comment

Not a single person defending their position. Lots of ****posting, not much substance.

Comment

The way I saw it Golovkin won rounds 1, 4, 5, 7, and 12, leaving Jacobs with a 114-113 win, maybe round 12 and 7 were also Jacobs but Golovkin didn't do much this fight, and Canelo easily out boxes him

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you have to remember most people who are slick fans think simply surviving=winning. they think if a guy is playing keep away that means hes winning but a boxing matchc is scored based on punches and for example in roudn 1 ggg landed more punches, landed better punches yet many gave it to jacobs because he kept away from ggg for the most part.
                    I honestly couldn't beilive hbo gave the 1st to Jacobs. Jacobs literally did nothing that round but move, GGG did noting but was the one leading and landed a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      I honestly couldn't beilive hbo gave the 1st to Jacobs. Jacobs literally did nothing that round but move, GGG did noting but was the one leading and landed a jab.
                      That's "boxing" doe!
                      GGG didn't do 1 lap around the ring on the backfoot tonight.
                      Clearly "outboxed" lol

Comment

Working...
                      X