Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have a feeling Andre Ward is going to sign with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    With the limited commitment to boxing still diminishing every year, do they really need a heaping pile of stars?

Saul Alvarez is all of 27 years old; unless film/TV calls for him or simply gets tired of boxing, he's still got another 10 PPV fights left in him before he turns 31. To that, you can add maybe one PPV fight for Golovkin after Alvarez.

With Alvarez undergirding the boxing budget, HBO can take their piece off of Alvarez's PPVs and whatever money they still want to spend on boxing, and pair The Canelo Alvarez Show with 8-10 BAD type shows and be done with it.

Feature the little guys, Golden Boy's fighters in the cusp of world level, and Kovalev/Golovkin in mismatch fights for as long as they are viable, and call it a day.
    so you are under the impression that canelo beats ggg and moves on....yep me too. no way they let ggg win this one. expect some ward shananigans or rigged judges like always.

Comment

Cant see it UNGAWA

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so you are under the impression that canelo beats ggg and moves on....yep me too. no way they let ggg win this one. expect some ward shananigans or rigged judges like always.
        Golovkin doesn't have the type of power to get anyone out of there with one shot; Kell Brook jumped the full two weights to fight him and, eye socket aside, was more than holding his own.

Alvarez is a bigger guy, seems happy to fight close/mid/long, and has never been visibly damaged by a punch in a fight.

With a one-punch KO off of the table, you're basically left with two of the three judges having to find 7 of the 12 rounds to score for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Already put my money down on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Golovkin doesn't have the type of power to get anyone out of there with one shot; Kell Brook jumped the full two weights to fight him and, eye socket aside, was more than holding his own.

Alvarez is a bigger guy, seems happy to fight close/mid/long, and has never been visibly damaged by a punch in a fight.

With a one-punch KO off of the table, you're basically left with two of the three judges having to find 7 of the 12 rounds to score for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Already put my money down on the fight.
          I just don't see Golovkin winning the fight...plus some say that it may be the end of the road for him after it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
            Cant see it UNGAWA

Comment

Working...
            X