Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you all think of Shakur Stevenson crying his eyes out after loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you all think of Shakur Stevenson crying his eyes out after loss?

As you all know now, after losing in the Olympic finals, Shakur Stevenson began crying hysterically in an interview.

(this particular video will only play on youtube).

This was heavily criticized by many people, including Hatmanboxing who made multiple videos saying that crying is a sign of weakness in a boxer, and that emotionless boxers like Holyfield/Golovkin are better than emotional ones like Tyson. He says that smart opponents can take advantage of your emotional weakness.

(these videos will play)

Yet you also have people defending him, saying that he's just a kid.

So what is your opinion on Shakur Stevenson crying in the interview for losing? Do you all think it's a sign of weakness?

Btw here's a funny video I found lol.

Yes, he's just a kid, his crying was understandable
    66.67%
    No, crying uncontroablly is a sign of weakness, a boxer should never do that
    33.33%
    Last edited by Ricky Bahl; 09-02-2016, 11:29 AM.

Absolutely disgraceful, the kid is a fking Poossy. It's one thing to shed a tear in private, but to start bawling like a baby on national TV is something a male should never do.

This kid is never gonna make it. Hatman was spot on in his videos.

Comment

On the flip side he didn't try to make excuses for losing and gave props to his opponent. That's more than a lot of boxers can say after losses.

Comment

I don't think crying is a sign of weakness. It's a weakness to pretend you don't have emotions and never share them with anyone.

He's a kid who lost the most significant fight of his life to that point after years of tireless training and after receiving attention from media, boxing notables, family etc all watching in hope of him turning up the first US men's boxing gold in over a decade. It was a hard loss to take. He didn't make any excuses, so I think he handled it well.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-02-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

He is a KID! I'm a fan and I think the kid is going to be a Superstar but yeah that was a bit much, crying is one thing but that kid was Boohooing it was a bit much but again he is still a Kid so of course he is still maturing he will be fine

But yes I thought the Interview was way too much, you break down like that in the Locker Room not on Camera screaming "NO!"
          Last edited by sicko; 09-02-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The kids 19, embarrassing that grown men have made videos taking the piss out of it. And why are they taking the piss in the first place, guys just won a silver medal whilst they are on youtube desperately trying to get some attention

Comment

This 19-year-old kid was on the biggest stage ever, for something he's really good at, and trained monumentally for. He failed (in his eyes) before his family, his friends, his country and the entire world. I'd say it's quite understandable he broke down. Shakur showed class in admitting he lost and gave props to the (now) two-time gold medalist that vanquished him. That seemed pretty strong to me.

(By the way, funny-ass video at the bottom. Lmao)

Comment

He doesn't know how to handle losing yet. It was to much imo.

Comment

I'd much rather he cry after losing then give one of those wry oh well smiles. Robert Guerrero has been doing that ****e for years now and it drives me absolutely crazy.

Comment

We can look at the mans career in retrospect after it is over.

Comment

Working...
                    X