Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia: I'd fight Crawford right now if Top Rank would let me walk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone was telling me Mikey Garcia can't be a casualty of boxing politics because of who his family is when the laway it started...I insisted otherwise. Looks like I was right.

Comment

Crawford is at a higher level than him and will be fighting bigger names like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        He shoulda just fought till his contract over
        Yea probably right. Idk the details of his contract obviously, but I'm assuming at this point he's getting screwed more by not fighting than he was getting screwed when he was active & he could be on to the next thing by now.

And he can dream on with this situation. Hopefully they get this figured out soon doe. Kinda f#cked up this takes so long. An athlete losing two years of their career over this sorta **** is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I really don't think he can be P4P no.1, or even close. He was almost out-muscled by Salido and his best win is probably Martinez, who's a good fighter but Burns already beat a better version of him. I think Garcia got so much hype after his Juanma and Martinez wins, he started to think of himself as some sort of star. He isn't and wasn't.

Good fighter, greater ego, **** career now.
          Really? I thought Garcia was utterly and completely dominating that fight with like a kd every round and then came a headbutt that broke Mikey's nose. Don't remember Salido having any success. Might give it a rewatch.

Comment

Mikey needs to have at least 1 tune up fight, to see where he is at. But Crawford is the truth man, Mikey would get beat.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Really? I thought Garcia was utterly and completely dominating that fight with like a kd every round and then came a headbutt that broke Mikey's nose. Don't remember Salido having any success. Might give it a rewatch.
              No your right, that's what happened, I'm not sure what that guys talking about

Mikey beat The crap out of Salido.

Comment

Not going to happen bob is going to make him sign like 20 extensions

Edit just seen video lol money said the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Everyone was telling me Mikey Garcia can't be a casualty of boxing politics because of who his family is when the laway it started...I insisted otherwise. Looks like I was right.
                  It's his own fault, he tried pulling the same move Chavez Jr. Did to sign with Haymon.

Big difference is top rank was ok being done with Chavez especially for what Haymon paid for him.

But Garcia was going to be TR's future, they were never going to let him go, they had to set an example of him anyway, plus they already made a big investment in him.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    It's his own fault, he tried pulling the same move Chavez Jr. Did to sign with Haymon.

Big difference is top rank was ok being done with Chavez especially for what Haymon paid for him.

But Garcia was going to be TR's future, they were never going to let him go, they had to set an example of him anyway, plus they already made a big investment in him.
                    Yeah but if Top Rank isn't giving Robert Garcia's fighters the fights they feel they deserve, what are you gonna do?

Comment

Top rank and those slave contracts

Comment

Working...
                      X