Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Kirkland wins "or" looks impressive in a loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    People will say Mayweather is ducking him.

Funny because its true.

Comment

I'll chalk it up as a W for the fellow Canelo haters.

Unfortunately I think Kirkland gets iced.

Comment

If Kirkland wins the sky is the limit. He has a friendly style, and would garner a lot of attention from casual fans.

As long as he doesn't shoot himself in the foot as he's done so many times in his career, Kirkland could be a big star in boxing.

Comment

If Kirkland shows up in good fighting shape, it's gonna be a long night for Canelo. I wanna see if he really tries to bang with Kirk. Mexican style like they like to say. Well, Kirkland can slug it out too so I wanna see how this plays out.

Comment

People are uderselling Kirand here because of his little fluke loss against that one tall Asian dude. Canelo should win, but his power is certainly overrated and if Kirkland makes it into rds 3,4,5 then Canelo is in for something brutal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Funny because its true.
              Does Kirkland have the style to give Mayweather any type of trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Would this mean Canelo was never that good to begin with? Or would it mean Kirklands better than we thought??

Do you think Canelo has to KO Kirkland to look impressive???

If Kirkland goes 12, will it mean more than a moral victory????
                Talk about a loaded question. So basically you are saying Canelo needs an impressive KO, or he isn't that good.

lol

Comment

It would have been more telling if they had fought the first time the fight was brought up. Coming off a 1.5 year layoff with a different trainer I'm not sure how impressive an early knockout would be. I'd be much more impressed if Kirkland showed up obviously game and Canelo scored a late KO after a good back and forth.

Hard to triangle theory this fight because I don't think anyone Canelo beat would have Kirkland's number other than Lara and the Angulo's they fought were three years apart and obviously different fighters. Hell, the Angulo who fought Lara was a different fighter from what Canelo got.

Kirkland's lone loss was against Ishida, but it's important to mention that he had already fought three weeks prior and two weeks prior to that. He also didn't have Wolfe for that fight and looked soft...like he only made weight through extreme dehydration, which effects punch resistance and explains why a normally featherfisted fighter could do what he did.

Ishida has never replicated that performance before or since and seven months later you can see the difference in the first round onslaught of El Perro.

That's why it's an interesting matchup and there's no point in guessing for this one. Only thing to do is tune in. I do expect that if Kirkland looks like garbage Canelo won't get any credit though. We want competitive fights and if it disappoints the first thing people will mention is why he passed on Cotto.

Comment

Not a chance in HELL.

Canelo has ALL the advantages.

Pros Canelo

Better chin
                    Better stamina "it sounds crazy, but Kirkland's stamina is not good either"
                    Faster hands
                    Better foot work
                    Better defense
                    Bigger following "judges assistance" "judges darling"

Pros Kirkland

Better inside fighter

Kirkland would need a KO to win this fight, and even then, the announcer might still say "by change of decision of commission" SAUL, CANELLLLLLLLLLO Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Its not going to happen. Kirkland is awful. How on earth he has gotten as far as he has is a miracle in itself.

HA!
                      youre being way too kind dan.

Comment

Working...
                      X