No announcement yet.

I just rewatched Morales vs Pacquiao 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Morales won 8 -4 imo. He doesnt get enough credit for beating a prime pac.

Was morales best victory imo
    prime pac?? wtf??? LOL!!!!

Comment

Yeah fantastic fight, two fantastic fighters, still watch it from time to time, this was the time i still liked lampley commentating, he actually commentated on what was happening in the ring and was good at it now he just sucks,

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Morales really did teach Pacquiao a boxing lesson here,
        From round one Manny tried to back Erik up but Erik showed his warrior strength and fought back,
        Manny was on the back foot all night.

El terrible really was something special.

He laid the blueprint for everyone else. Real apparent that Marquez used this fight to battle Pacquiao. So did Mayweather to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          He laid the blueprint for everyone else. Real apparent that Marquez used this fight to battle Pacquiao. So did Mayweather to an extent.
          I thought Marquez fought Pacquiao first?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            Morales not only schooled Manny, but clowned Manny by turning southpaw in the last round
            ...and lost the round in a close fight on the cards. I get the bravado thing, but it was stupid. I was at that fight, and bet a decent amount of money on morales...I wasn't thrilled about him basically giving away the last round.

Comment

That last round was just insane. Morales was a Mad Man.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                prime pac?? wtf??? LOL!!!!
                How was he not his prime you muppet? 27 year old multiple time champion who’d been fighting as a pro for over a decade isn’t in his prime now?

Let me guess, he very suddenly entered his mythical prime in the Morales II fight right? Or maybe it was only when he went to 140 and beat Hatton that he was in his prime...but then he lost to Márquez not long after...

Comment

My favorite part, I forgot which round it was, but Manny does one of his patent fast combos and Morales raises his gloves in mocking fashion like he was shocked by it. What an awesome fight, and credit to Pacquio and Morales for putting it all on the line. As Lampley said, in fights like these there's really no loser or winner. People just remember it was a great fight. I've watched Ward vs Gatti 1 so many times yet each year I still forget who won it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Other way around. Morales said he watched the Márquez fight a lot and used that for his game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      Morales really did teach Pacquiao a boxing lesson here,
                      From round one Manny tried to back Erik up but Erik showed his warrior strength and fought back,
                      Manny was on the back foot all night.

El terrible really was something special.

Probably Morales' finest performance.

I always enjoy watching this one.

Great fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X