LOL casual Mcgregor fans facts list they are unaware of

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL casual Mcgregor fans facts list they are unaware of

1). Floyd has been retired for 2 years
    2). Floyd is a 147 lb fighter, this fight was at 154 (in Mcgregors favor)
    3). Floyd hasn't stopped an opponent legitimately (let's be honest Ortiz was a sucker punch) since 2007, and this was Ricky Hatton moving up from 140.
    4). Floyd is 40 years old

What does this say about Mcgregor, he was likely 170 lbs on fight night? Getting stopped in 10 rounds.

The Mcgregor fans had all sorts of deluded ideas before the fight and now they are looking for reasons to boost Mcgregor. The man is not a boxer and he did it for the money.

Put him in with Lara or Canelo at 154, fighters of equal size and you have yourself an early dominating stoppage.

Mcgregor wasn't in with the best boxer currently, as with the facts stated above - he was in with one of the greatest of this generation and the most famous, but not currently the best by any shot - at least on fair terms. Imagine if this fight was at 147??

If Mcgregor thinks he's good get in with Charlo, Lara or Canelo at 154. He fought at 145 in the UFC so why didn't he fight Floyd at 147? because he wouldn't have a 20 lb weight advantage thats why.
    Last edited by them_apples; 08-27-2017, 03:32 PM.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    1). Floyd has been retired for 2 years
    2). Floyd is a 147 lb fighter, this fight was at 154 (in Mcgregors favor)
    3). Floyd hasn't stopped an opponent legitimately (let's be honest Ortiz was a sucker punch) since 2007, and this was Ricky Hatton moving up from 140.
    4). Floyd is 40 years old

What does this say about Mcgregor, he was likely 170 lbs on fight night? Getting stopped in 10 rounds.

The Mcgregor fans had all sorts of deluded ideas before the fight and now they are looking for reasons to boost Mcgregor. The man is not a boxer and he did it for the money.

Put him in with Lara or Canelo at 154, fighters of equal size and you have yourself an early dominating stoppage.

Mcgregor wasn't in with the best boxer currently, as with the facts stated above - he was in with one of the greatest of this generation and the most famous, but not currently the best by any shot - at least on fair terms. Imagine if this fight was at 147??

If Mcgregor thinks he's good get in with Charlo, Lara or Canelo at 154. He fought at 145 in the UFC so why didn't he fight Floyd at 147? because he wouldn't have a 20 lb weight advantage thats why.
    Stopped reading here.

Let's be honest, it was a legal blow well within the Queensbury (spelling?) rules of boxing. Keep your hands up at all times or assume the risk.

Comment

It says he's not a professional boxer numb nuts .. Get Floyd in the octagon against anyone his size and he gets put to sleep inside a round... Why's everyone so proud that he beat a complete novice in the sport and lost 2-3 rounds in the process is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Stopped reading here.

Let's be honest, it was a legal blow well within the Queensbury (spelling?) rules of boxing. Keep your hands up at all times or assume the risk.
        I agree man, keep reading - that wasn't my point. my point was Floyd wasn't stopping smaller guys and he stopped Mcgregor after 2 years off and 40 years of age. Didn't say it was illegal.

Comment

I think they were aware of those things as White and McGregor kept mentioning them during the buildup.

What they aren't aware of though is that Floyd looked really old and finished. He was a shadow of himself just two years ago. He's no longer a top 10 fighter at WW. And I think they also don't realize that Mayweather walked right thru McGregor.

It is what it is, McGregor looked better than expected, Floyd looked worse. Floyd still easily won and knocked the crap out of Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            It says he's not a professional boxer numb nuts .. Get Floyd in the octagon against anyone his size and he gets put to sleep inside a round... Why's everyone so proud that he beat a complete novice in the sport and lost 2-3 rounds in the process is beyond me.
            sort of like how brock lesnar moved from WWE and become heavyweight champ right?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
              I think they were aware of those things as White and McGregor kept mentioning them during the buildup.

What they aren't aware of though is that Floyd looked really old and finished. He was a shadow of himself just two years ago. He's no longer a top 10 fighter at WW. And I think they also don't realize that Mayweather walked right thru McGregor.

It is what it is, McGregor looked better than expected, Floyd looked worse. Floyd still easily won and knocked the crap out of Conor.

they knew about it but now they are conveniently forgetting. I don't understand how having every conceivable advantage and still getting walked down and stopped is an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                sort of like how brock lesnar moved from WWE and become heavyweight champ right?
                yeah only a couple of fights in too lmao

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  Lesnar was a collegiate wrestler and a roided out freak of nature in a sport that didn't do testing and where going to the ground is a huge part of the fight.

Not that similar there pal

Comment

Commissions shouldn't allow Connor to fight any solid 154er, esp with power and aggression.
                    I'm saying it once again, feed him to big dogs, not 10 years KO drought, retired, inactive, defensive, meh powerful, 3 lbs lighter fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X