• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is fun...

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      No he didn't!

Uhh, no he didn't. You're altering his words and I fcuking hate that. Get the quotes right and if you don't know them go find them.

@ 8:38 of the video you linked ---

"He hung tough the first 5 rounds. I came out sharper, I came out with more of a purpose, but he doesn't talk for the first 5 rounds. He landed a couple of good shots, but I was starting to take over. My work was more consistent, my style was more consistent, my counter-punching was more sharper, my jab was sharper, there was just more consistency on my part."

Paul never said he lost the first 5 rounds, not at all. Paul also said he (Paulie) got "way better" @ 9:24 for the 2nd sparring session. Does that sound like a guy who lost that session?

Another thing too Paulie pointed out, pro camps don't do 12 rounds with one fighter. They do a few rounds with each fighter so they get the best of each partner.
      I just relistened to that part and you're right he does say "hung tough"

I listened to the interview pre KD video and now hes saying he won 10-2 on twitter

I guess its up to interpretation but to me, him saying Conor "hung tough" means Conor won at least half those rounds if not all. Plus he says the KD happened during rounds 8, 9 or 10 and that Conor won the last 2 rounds.

I don't see how he can say he won 10-2 when Conor "hung tough" 1-5, a legit KD happened somewhere between 8-10, and Conor for sure won 11 and 12

He got caught in a lie and is making it worse

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        I guess its up to interpretation but to me, him saying Conor "hung tough" means Conor won at least half those rounds if not all. Plus he says the KD happened during rounds 8, 9 or 10 and that Conor won the last 2 rounds.

I don't see how he can say he won 10-2 when Conor "hung tough" 1-5, a legit KD happened somewhere between 8-10, and Conor for sure won 11 and 12

Check Mate!

Legit KD? He pushed the back of his head down after he tripped on his lead leg lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I just relistened to that part and you're right he does say "hung tough"

I listened to the interview pre KD video and now hes saying he won 10-2 on twitter

He had always said mcgregor hung tough the first 5 rounds of the second session. Hung tough means was fighting back and was atleast competitive early but paulie was way sharper. Then from 6-10 paulie started dominating even easier cause conor started gassing and became eveneasier to hit. Sounds to me from his words from the interview that he won the first 5 but atleast it was competitive and conor was atleast landing a couple himself but from 6-10 he couldnt protect himself as good from being gassed and got dominated. No where did he say conor won the first 5 or does he imply that conor won any of the first 5.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            I listened to his own words in the recorded interview. I'll go with that.
            Stop making **** up he never said that. He said conor hung in tough the first 5 rounds but i was sharper more consistent and was taking over. Aka conor was atleast competitive early but i was still getting the better of him.

Comment

It doesn't matter paulie is a weakling getting manhandled by a guy who don't know how to box.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it, Paulie is way past his prime, out of shape, and sparring is just practice at the end of the day.

Comment

A mediocre pro boxer was absolutely outclassed by an MMA striker in a boxing rng.

GET OVER it. Connor is gifted

Comment

I am a "MMA guy" and have fought professionally in MMA. I did train at a boxing gym for years to get my hands up to speed but my focus and background has always been grappling (wrestling/jiu jitsu).

I think we need to put into perspective that Paulie is not in top shape and Conor is. I figured Paulie would have his way with Conor regardless but Conor didn't become the first simultaneous two weight champion in history for nothing.

Conor is no slouch. He isn't a pure boxer, but his striking in MMA is fantastic and his accuracy and precision are top notch (for MMA standards).

Point I'm making, Paulie is getting too much ****. He probably held his own for most of the sparring and we are talking about a Paulie who is at the end of his career and not in fight day shape. Conor is peaking in the best shape of his life in his prime. He probably had his ego dented a bit when he said he could piece up Conor with one hand and that wasn't reality as he isn't quite the boxer he used to be. And he sounds a bit like a scorned ex girlfriend with his constant complaining to the media. Though I can see why he is mad as he has been used as propaganda for McGregor.

I love MMA, and I love boxing. Two different sports with some absolute carryover similarities. No need to bicker or *****, just enjoy the spectacle for what it is. I think Conor gets his ass kicked and is made to look silly by Floyd, but he does hit hard and with accuracy so if he lands a bomb on Mayweather it would be interesting. Probably won't happen but whatever.

I have rambled too long anyways, my first time back here in quite a while. I'm about to stop MMA/grappling training as it is too hard on my body now that I'm early 30's. Going to join a boxing gym and go train there full-time (outside of my normal job) just for fun. Maybe take some fights, we'll see. Cheers
                    Last edited by TexDeuce; 08-13-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I am sure Paulie could wear any headgear he wanted to wear and that was the headgear he chose. When I was sparring I didn't like some helmets because they blocked my vision. I would rather be able to see all the punches than be more protected but also get hit more by punches I didn't see. Dana is only going to show footage that makes Conor look good. I am sure Paulie had times when he was getting the best of Conor but we will never see film of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X